This cruise has not opened for sale or has limited availability. Please register your interest and we'll be in touch.
From pole to pole on an epic cruise of discovery
Join us on a grand expedition cruise from the Arctic to Antarctica as we combine several classic itineraries into one seamless once-in-a-lifetime journey. Your base camp at sea will be the world’s first hybrid electric–powered expedition cruise ship: the comfortable and stylish MS Roald Amundsen. Fittingly, it is named after the first explorer to successfully reach both the north and south poles.
This expedition cruise is unlike any voyage you’ve been on. We begin our 93-day journey in Vancouver, Canada. We’ll sail north along the Alaskan coast and cross into the Arctic Circle as we make our way through the fabled Northwest Passage to Greenland and Baffin Island.
Then we’ll head southward along the Eastern Seaboard of the United States to the warm and colorful tropical islands in Central America. We’ll pass through the architectural wonder of the Panama Canal to reach South America. Prepare to experience a tantalizing mix of culture and nature as we explore ancient sites in Ecuador, Peru, and Chile. Then we move on to witness the ethereal splendor of the Chilean fjords and Patagonia before our expedition crescendos at the otherworldly beauty of pristine Antarctica.
Culture, nature, and learning
This grand cruise will showcase an amazing diversity of cultures, nature, and wildlife across the Americas and Antarctica. Your knowledgeable onboard Expedition Team will guide and inspire you throughout your cruise. They’ll ensure that it’s as adventurous, educational, and ecologically sustainable as possible.
Day 1Vancouver, Canada
Start of the grand expedition
Day 2-17Vancouver to Nome, Alaska
Alaska – Inside Passage, bears, & Aleutian Islands
Day 18-21At Sea
Crossing the Arctic Circle
Day 22-32Canada and Greenland
Heading through the Northwest Passage
Day 33-40Greenland & Atlantic Canada
Baffin Bay to Greenland and Atlantic Canada
Day 41-48Halifax to Boston
History, seafood, and nature
Day 49-52At Sea
East Coast sights at sea
Day 53-62Miami, U.S., to Colón, Panama
Caribbean vibes & ocean exploration
Day 63-76Panama Canal to Valparaíso, Chile
Inca history, Colonial architecture, & the Panama Canal
Cruising toward the Antarctic
The fabled frozen continent of Antarctica
Day 91-93Ushuaia/Buenos Aires
To the bottom of the world and back again.
Included in Your Expedition
- Flight in economy class between Ushuaia and Buenos Aires
- Transfer between ship and Ushuaia airport
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- 1000€ onboard credit
- Laundry service
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune and Fredheim
- Fine-dining À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm is included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to fill at onboard water refill stations
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organize and guide activities, both on board and ashore
- Range of included activities
- Experts from the Expedition Team present detailed lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- The Citizen Science program allows guests to contribute to current scientific research projects
- The onboard professional photographer will give tips and tricks for taking the best landscape and wildlife photos
- The ship has hot tubs, an infinity pool, a sauna, an outdoor and indoor gym, and an outdoor running track
- Participate in informal gatherings with the crew, such as daily recaps and the next day’s preparations
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and all equipment needed for the activities
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition photographers will help configure your camera settings before landings
Not Included In Your Expedition
- International flights
- Travel protection
- Baggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- Optional treatments in the onboard wellness and spa area
- All planned activities are subject to weather conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please ensure you can meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities are expected
MS Roald Amundsen
|Passenger capacity||530 (500 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||20 889 T|
In 2019, Hurtigruten added a brand new ship to its fleet: the MS Roald Amundsen. The state of the art vessel features new and environmentally sustainable hybrid technology that will reduce fuel consumption and show the world that hybrid propulsion on large ships is possible.