MS Vesterålen provides passengers an authentic heritage experience. Its exciting `behind the scenes´ programme shares an inside look at the ship´s maritime operations, logistics and hotel operations – all included in the regular price. The programme includes the following:
- Different topics every second day, related to Hurtigruten´s operations. Evening talks hosted by the ship´s tour leader, including interviews with different crew members who share their insights about work and life on board.
- A short `behind the scenes´ film and/or presentation during the evening talk programme about the engine room, bridge, galley, cargo deck, and more.
- Practical courses within relevant topics, including navigation (map and compass), and sailor knots.
- Operational and historical `points of interest´/ fun facts presented on deck along the sailing route.
- Digital and/or printed information on Hurtigruten´s history, ship design and construction, route planning, navigational facts and operational development.
- A logbook of the entire journey available for purchase at the end of the trip.
MS Vesterålen has bright, informal public areas and lounges throughout. The extensive on-board art collection adds an air of sophistication. The ship´s limited passenger capacity contributes to making a voyage aboard MS Vesterålen truly special.
- Panorama lounge
- Smaller lounges in the front and back of the ship
- Conference facilities
Parking spaces on board
Please note the following dimensions for vehicles:
Max Length: 540 cm/ 17.7 ft
Max Breadth: 230 cm/ 7.5 ft
Max Height: 185 cm/ 6 ft
Max Weight: 2800 kg/ 6,173 lbs
Tel: +47 48 01 80 00