MS Vesterålen provides passengers an authentic heritage experience. Through its exciting program you will learn more about the ship's maritime operations, logistics and hotel operations. You will get an opportunity to be closer to the Hurtigruten operation and learn more about its activities along the Norwegian coast. The program includes the following:
- Different topics every second day, related to Hurtigruten's operations. Evening talks hosted by the ship's tour leader, including interviews with different crewmembers that share their insights about work and life on board.
- A short film and/or presentation during the evening talk program about the engine room, bridge, galley, cargo deck, and more.
- Practical courses within relevant topics, including “Learn to read and use marine charts” and “Make the Norwegian traditional dinner, Fårikål.” Due to limited capacity, these courses are available for a fee and can be booked on board. Min. passengers: 2.
- Operational and historical “points of interest”/ fun facts presented on deck along the sailing route.
- Exhibition about Hurtigruten's history, ship design and construction, route planning, navigational facts and operational development.
- A logbook of the entire journey available for purchase at the end of the trip.
MS Vesterålen has bright, informal public areas and lounges throughout. The extensive onboard art collection adds an air of sophistication. The ship´s limited passenger capacity contributes to making a MS Vesterålen cruise truly special.
- Panorama lounge
- Smaller lounges in the front and back of the ship
- Conference facilities
- Children’s play area
- Fitness room
- Car deck
Parking spaces on board
Please note the following dimensions for vehicles:
Max Length: 540 cm/ 17.7 ft
Max Width: 230 cm/ 7.5 ft
Max Height: 185 cm/ 6 ft
Max Weight: 2800 kg/ 6,173 lbs
Tel: +47 48 01 80 00
E-mail [email protected]