Join us on an unforgettable snowmobile trip to one of Europe’s most extreme and exciting natural areas. During this excursion you will travel from the old trading post and fishing village of Kjøllefjord over the mountains to Mehamn. Along the way, the guides will tell you about the Sámi people, the geographic and climatic conditions, what life is like on the Finnmark coast, and how the local population utilizes nature in both the summer and winter months. Some of Norway’s best instructors will ensure that proper training is given before you hop onto your own snowmobile for this once in a lifetime trip through fascinating scenery. Experience the snow-clad valleys, the fresh winter air and perhaps the mesmerizing Northern Lights in the clear, starry sky. During spring the sun returns, causing a different experience due to more hours of daylight and milder climate.
Back in Mehamn, the world’s northernmost mainland town, located on the often wild and stormy Finnmark coast, we rejoin the Hurtigruten ship to continue our voyage.
- Period: 01.01 - 15.05, 06.12 -31.12, 01.01-31.03
- Transportation: Bus/Snowmobile
- Clothes/Footwear: Comfortable shoes, warm clothing. Special clothing is provided
- Note: Valid driving licence must be presented. Subject to weather/snow conditions
- Age limit: 6 years old together with parent