Antarctica, Patagonia, Chilean Fjords – Discovery of Antarctica, Chilean Fjords and Patagonia
Duration: 19 days
Ship: MS Roald Amundsen
March 18, 2021
Price from: $ 11,222 per personCheck prices and availability Request a quote
- Experience Antarctica and Patagonia in one expedition cruise
- Enjoy ice-cruising, landings and incredible wildlife in Antarctica
- Sail into the Chilean fjords in summer and see Cape Horn
- Get the opportunity to visit Torres del Paine National Park
Save up to 25% on this itinerary!
Book this offer online or by contacting one of our Personal Expedition Advisors at 8665520371. You may also Request a Quote.
Please note, all prices displayed are inclusive of 25% savings. See offer details.
The capital of Chile is exciting and diverse. There is a lot to discover, from Andean glaciers at the city limits, to a backdrop of tall mountains, to skyscrapers, quiet parks, colonial architecture, and bohemian quarters, to the fast-flowing Mapacho River. Your adventure starts with an overnight hotel stay here.
Home to 90 percent of the world´s ice, Antarctica never fails to amaze and astound. In winter, sea ice virtually doubles the size of the continent. In summer, it is a breeding ground for millions of penguins, whales and seals.
This is a continent dedicated to peace, science and tourism that has evolved through millenniums without human interference. Therefore, we adhere to very strict environmental guidelines and rules. We want to leave nothing but our footprints and take nothing but pictures!
Antarctica is a true wilderness, so local conditions will dictate our final itinerary. We will attempt landings at several sites in the South Shetlands and Antarctic Peninsula to show you the incredible diversity of landscapes and rich wildlife.
At every opportunity, our expert expedition team will take you out ice-cruising and on landings. There may also be chances to kayak among icebergs, hike in stunning surroundings and even camp on the most remote continent on Earth.
MS Roald Amundsen takes us safely back across famous Drake Passage. We will continue our lecture series and recap our experiences of Antarctica in the Science Center. As we reach South America, we will attempt to land on historic Cape Horn before continuing towards the Chilean fjords.
Deep fjords and tall mountains plunging into icy waters await us in magnificent surroundings. This wild and remote area seems almost untouched by humans, full of isolated islands and hidden bays that harbor rich wildlife.
Puerto Natales is the gateway to Torres del Paine National Park, famous for its rock formations. Explore the park on our optional excursion to discover stunning terrain. The region hosts a wide range of flora and fauna, including llamas, pumas and foxes, and many species of birds like the Andean condor.
After a cruise through Patagonian waters, the village of Puerto Edén in Bernardo O’Higgins National Park will enchant you. It is known for its geographical isolation, situated at the end of a deep fjord and surrounded by mountains. Its population of 250 includes the 15 remaining members of the Kawéskar people.
Our expedition cruise continues north through the fabled waters of Patagonia. As we sail through iconic Andean seascapes, enjoy the vistas of this magnificent natural expanse.
Set among windswept hills and lush vegetation, Castro is known for its colorful “palafitos,” wooden houses mounted on stilts along the water's edge, and the UNESCO site, Iglesia San Francisco. Nearby wide beaches are home to many seabirds, penguins and sea lions.
As we make our way along the Pacific coast to Valparaíso, we will recap the highlights of the expedition cruise and scan for wildlife.
Sadly, every expedition must come to an end. And this expedition ends in the colorful and poetic city of Valparaíso. Take some time to explore this scenic metropolis before your flight home.
Included in Your Expedition
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
- Overnight in Santiago de Chile before the voyage including breakfast
- Transfer hotel to airport in Santiago de Chile
- Coach-class flight from Santiago de Chile to Punta Arenas
- Transfer airport to ship in Punta Arenas including city tour and lunchbox
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all voyages designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including ice-boat cruising and onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team- an international, handpicked team of highly educated experts in various academic fields with profound knowledge of the regions we sail in
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that inform you about the sights you’ll see, while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (ship beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all restaurants)
- Fredheim restaurant meals included
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Rejuvenating wellness areas with separate treatment rooms, infinity pool, outdoor gym, running track
- Gym, hot tubs and panoramic sauna
- Free Wi-fi on board for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
Not Included In Your Expedition
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group adventures with our expedition team such as kayaking, camping, glacier walks, long hikes (availability pending weather conditions and safety)
- Optional small-group Explorer Photo program with our Expedition Photographer
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Medical questionnaire mandatory. Read all Entry Requirements for your travel.
MS Roald Amundsen
In 2019, Hurtigruten will add a brand new ship to its fleet: MS Roald Amundsen. This state-of-the-art vessel will feature new and environmentally sustainable hybrid technology that will reduce fuel consumption and show the world that hybrid propulsion on large ships is possible.
Sailing with MS Roald Amundsen
- Practical Information for Explorer Voyages with MS Roald Amundsen
- Meet our Expedition Team
- Landing Sites in Antarctica
- Young Explorers Program