Entry Requirements

Before you set off on the adventure of a lifetime, we highly recommend taking a few minutes to familiarise yourself with information regarding visas and mandatory travel documents. Please note: It is your responsibility to identify and obtain all required documents.

Destination Requirements


Information regarding entry requirements to Argentina can be found on this official government website: https://cancilleria.gob.ar/en/services/visa/tourist-visa

As a tourist, you can stay for up to 90 days without a visa, but you'll need:

  • a return or onward ticket

  • a valid passport

Officials may also ask to see proof of accommodation and enough money or a credit card to cover your trip.

Only information given by the consulate of the country you are planning to visit is up-to-date, official and correct.


Unless you are a visa-exempt national, you will need a visa to enter Chile. The Chilean government has made obtaining a visa easy and smooth, allowing you to apply online at https://tramites.minrel.gov.cl.

If you are not a visa-exempt national, you must apply for your visa at least 30 days before you intend to travel. If you miss this deadline, the Chilean government will not process your application.

Travellers who are visa-exempt will be provided with a tourist card upon arrival in Chile, which will be in the form of a receipt with a barcode. You must always keep this with you, and you will be asked to return it when you leave the country. If you lose your card for any reason, you must contact the local Policia Internacional as soon as possible.

Travellers that are visa-exempt are citizens of the following regions or countries:

  • South America

  • European Union and United Kingdom

  • United States and Canada

  • All countries that maintain diplomatic relations with Chile.

Please note your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the end of your visit and have at least 2 blank pages.

Please be aware that Chile has strict protocols on items allowed into the country. We recommend visiting www.gob.cl to check what is allowed, in case you have any concerns.

You will be asked to complete a declaration form before arriving in Chile, and this is usually provided onboard your flight. You can also download the form here.


Visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid visa. However, when arriving by ship it is not necessary for certain nationalities to obtain an eTA. The following link provides further information: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp

For more information on how to apply for an eTA, please check the following website: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp. The fee is 7 Canadian Dollars (subject to change) and the eTA needs to be granted before flying to Canada.


You will first need to enter Ecuador to travel to the Galapagos Islands. Upon arrival in Ecuador, you will receive an “Ecuadorian tourist visa” stamp in your passport. You cannot visit the Galapagos Islands without this stamp.

For our Galapagos expeditions, your passport must have a validity of no less than six months of your date of entry into Ecuador. You will be declined entry to the country if it is less.

It is also required that your passport information and the Ship Manifest Information Form is with us 45 days prior to the departure date.

Health- and travel insurance is a mandatory requirement to visit the Galapagos Islands.


EU and EEA citizens and citizens of countries with agreements with Norway can enter without a visa. To see if your country is exempt from applying for a visa, please visit this official website: https://www.udi.no/en/word-definitions/persons-who-do-not-need-a-visa-to-visit-norway-/


Peru is an easy country to enter. You only need a copy of your passport. The only stipulation is that your passport has a validity of at least 6 months from the date you enter Peru.

United Kingdom

You can check if you require a visa and/or other travel documents to enter the UK on the following official website: https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y

United States

Foreign travellers who visit the United States for short visits like a vacation need a visitor visa unless they qualify for entry under the Visa Waiver Program. All eligible international travellers who wish to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program must apply for authorization (https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/). For more information, see the US State Department (https://www.travel.state.gov/ ). Be aware that U.S. entry requirements keep evolving as national security regulations change. All travellers should double-check current visa and passport regulations before travelling to the U.S.

West Africa and Cape Verde

You will traverse several destinations whilst travelling to the West African archipelagos. Your flight will land in Dakar, the capital city of Senegal, but you do not need a visa to enter the country. You will, however, enter the territories of Gambia and Guinea-Bissau and for these areas you will need a visa.

You will be issued your visa for these territories when you enter their territorial waters during your journey whilst on board the ship, so you can enjoy your cruise worry free.

Expeditions to West Africa

Yellow fever vaccination is mandatory for all expeditions to West Africa. The following vaccinations are recommended: MMR, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, tetanus, diphtheria, cholera, pertussis, polio, varicella, meningitis, and malaria prophylaxis. Please speak to your doctor for further advice.