Deepen your knowledge of the oceans on this ten-day, science-focused cruise at sea, and enrich your well-being at the same time.
Understanding our oceans
As you sail from Nova Scotia to Panama, you’ll be able to take part in an engaging program of hands-on lectures, workshops, and classes that cover topics like marine biology and the history of sea navigation from the Vikings till now. As an added bonus, join the ship’s officers on the bridge for a rare behind-the-scenes glimpse into what modern navigation is all about.
Learn from enthusiastic Expedition Team members that were handpicked for their expertise, and explore the ocean’s hidden ecosystem through microscopes in the ship’s Science Center. You can also participate in Citizen Science projects, which contribute to current scientific research around the world.
Finding inner peace
This cruise is not just about learning, although you are sure to do that on this expedition cruise. Rest and relaxation are just as important. Take time to stop, watch the waves, reflect, and enjoy precious ‘me time’.
Help reset your body, mind, and soul with daily onboard yoga and meditation classes run by wellness professionals. These sessions will leave you feeling refreshed, recharged, and ready for your next adventure.
At the end of the journey, we hope you’ll leave the ship with your spirits lifted and a mind bursting with—and inspired by—new knowledge.
Day 1Halifax, Canada
Your journey begins
Day 2At sea
Relax into nature’s rhythms
Day 3-7At sea
Oceans, nature, and you
Day 8At sea
Findings and conclusion
Day 9Colón, Panama
Unlock more adventures
Available Promotions on This Itinerary:
2022 Season: Save up to $ 384Get the whole family together on one of our expedition cruises! Whether you’re gazing at a fleet of frigate birds in the Galápagos; or watching a waddle of penguins… well, waddle, past you on the Antarctic Peninsula, this is one gift that definitely won’t be returned.See Special Offer
Included in Your Expedition
- Wellness Cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including beverages in the Aune and Fredheim restaurants
- Lindstrøm à la carte restaurant is included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at onboard water refill stations
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant expedition jacket
Specialized onboard activities and lectures
- These hands-on demonstrations include navigation, oceanography, and marine biology with our onboard scientist
- Bird- and sea life observation out on deck with our naturalists
- Stargazing and informative lectures
- Information on sustainable sailing and Hurtigruten’s commitment to the environment
- Experienced international instructors lead yoga and meditation classes
- Healthy and delicious vegetarian and plant-based menu options, plus fresh smoothies and juices
- Inspiring and informative lectures on health and wellness
- Workshops on the principles of yoga, meditation, mindfulness, breathing, and holistic wellness
- Daily meditations to release stress and calm the mind
- Daily walks and stretching sessions on deck
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- The ship has hot tubs, a sauna, and an indoor gym
Not Included In Your Expedition
- International flights
- Travel protection
- Baggage handling
- Optional Pre/Post-Programs with our local partners
- All planned activities are subject to weather conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please ensure you can meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities are expected
|Year of refurbishment||2022|
|Passenger capacity||250 (200 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||11,647 T|
The original Fram was the most famous explorer ship of its time and the achievements of her expeditions are unparalleled. The advanced technology on the MS Fram, in the spirit of the famous original, makes her exceptionally well suited for expedition cruises in polar regions.
Sailing with MS Fram
- Practical Information for Expedition Cruises On Board MS Fram
- Experts in exploration
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Packing Tips for Expedition Cruises
- Safer together
- Entry requirements for your trip