Explore five of Norway’s most beautiful fjords on this springtime expedition cruise, sailing direct to the stunning Norwegian coast from Dover.
Norway’s ‘royal’ fjords
This expedition cruise encompasses five of Norway’s most beautiful fjords in spring. Discover why Sognefjord is nicknamed ‘King of the Fjords’ as we sail into one of its arms to visit the charming village of Flåm. From there, your ship continues to Skjolden at the end of Sognefjord, passing snow-capped mountains and remote settlements along the way. You’ll then soak up the scenery of magnificent Geirangerfjord, a UNESCO-listed World Heritage site hailed as ‘the jewel in the crown’ among the Norwegian fjords.
High peaks and lush valleys
In Nordfjord, you’ll see high peaks and glaciers, fertile valleys and beautiful sandy beaches. We’ll anchor at Loen, where stunning views await at the top of Mount Hoven. Next, you’ll explore the wild, lush valleys of Hardangerfjord, ‘Queen of the Fjords’, and home to the prettiest apple orchards in Norway. Cap off your spectacular fjord adventure at Lysefjord and take in the iconic Pulpit Rock viewpoint before sailing back to Dover.
Spring is in the air
Sailing in May, the sun has returned to Norway’s skies bringing longer, warmer days which awaken local flora and fauna from their winter slumber. Snow still covers the mountains, but as it thaws, meltwater gushes down rock faces, powering beautiful waterfalls and adding a deep colour to rivers. Down in the valleys, pastures are green, fruit trees bloom and idyllic fjord villages emerge from hibernation.
Day 1Dover, UK
Day 2-3At Sea
Northbound to the fjords of Norway
Day 4Flåm, Aurlandsfjord, Norway - Anchored - Half Day
Spectacular fjord landscape
Day 5Skjolden, Sognefjord, Norway - Full Day
Idyllic fjord villages and stave churches
Day 6Geirangerfjord, Norway - Anchored - Full Day
Seven wonderful waterfalls
Day 7Loen, Nordfjord, Norway - Anchored - Full Day
The view from the top
Day 8Rosendal/Sunndal, Hardangerfjord, Norway - Anchored - Half Day
Your first fjord in spring bloom
Day 9Lysefjord, Norway - Anchored - Full Day
On a high at Pulpit Rock
Day 10Sea day
Three cheers for Norway!
Day 11Dover, UK
Included in Your Expedition
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune and Fredheim
- À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organise and accompany activities on board and ashore
- Range of included activities
- Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- Citizen Science program allows guests to assist with live scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives top tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs, panoramic sauna and indoor gym
- Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
- Trekking poles, head lamps and walking poles available if necessary
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition Photographers help with your camera settings
Not Included In Your Expedition
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Luggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please make sure you meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities expected
|Shipyard||Fosen Mek. Verk. (N)|
|Passenger capacity||528 (500 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||16,151 T|
Formerly the MS Midnatsol, the MS Maud is well-suited for expedition cruising.