Explore the Pacific Northwest, sailing from San Diego to Vancouver. Enjoy warm and charming Santa Barbara and see marine life off the Californian coast. Explore Redwood National Park and admire some of the oldest trees in the world, walk the subalpine Hurricane Ridge in Olympic National Park, and spot whales around the San Juan Islands.
Embark the hybrid electric–powered MS Roald Amundsen in San Diego as we set course for Santa Barbara. This city has a distinctly Mediterranean feel to it, from the terracotta-tiled architecture to its inviting beaches. Spot whales and seabirds as we sail past the Channel Islands along our way up the Pacific Coast.
Redwood National Park, Eureka, and the San Juan Islands
Gaze in wonder as you enter the old-growth forest of Redwood National Park. These are some of the tallest trees in the world, in some cases over 325 feet tall and around 1,500 years old. You’ll have the opportunity to stroll through the seaport city of Eureka and enjoy its splendid Victorian architecture. Then do some whale-watching around the spectacular San Juan Islands, near Olympic National Park.
Olympic National Park and Vancouver
Explore Hurricane Ridge, the sub-alpine region of Olympic National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Go on a guided hike through the park to spot its rich flora and birdlife. Your expedition cruise comes to a triumphant end in the world-class Canadian city of Vancouver.
Day 1San Diego, U.S.
America’s Finest City
Day 2Santa Barbara, U.S.
The American Riviera
Day 3At Sea
Scanning for sea life
Day 4Redwood National Park
Walk among the ancient trees
Day 5Sea Day
Day 6San Juan Archipelago
Views of the Pacific Northwest
Day 7Olympic National Park, U.S.
Day 8Vancouver, Canada
Welcome to Canada!
Available Promotions on This Itinerary:
Black Friday - Save up to 50%Save up to 50% when you book an expedition cruise during our Black Friday Sale.See Special Offer
Only 10% Deposit During Black Friday SaleDeposit reduced to 10% when you book between November 22-30!See Special Offer
Work from Ship—Save up to $ 750Working from home? Now you can enjoy the best lunch break the world has to offer, expedition-style!See Special Offer
Book with confidenceOur popular Book with Confidence policy is back, giving you the peace of mind you want for your next adventure exploring the world with us.The benefits of the policy apply to any new bookings made between 25 November 2021 and 31 March 2022, for expedition cruises departing on or before 30 September 2022.See Special Offer
Solo Traveler OfferFor a limited time, pay no single supplement when you book an applicable departure date. You can find the applicable dates by clicking “Check prices and availability” on the itinerary pages. Combinable with existing offers.See Special Offer
Included in Your Expedition
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune and Fredheim
- Fine-dining À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm is included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to fill at onboard water refill stations
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organize and guide activities, both on board and ashore
- Range of included activities
- Experts from the Expedition Team present detailed lectures on a variety of topics
- Use the ship’s Science Center, which features an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- The Citizen Science program allows guests to contribute to current scientific research projects
- The onboard professional photographer will give tips and tricks for taking the best landscape and wildlife photos
- The ship has hot tubs, an infinity pool, a sauna, an outdoor and indoor gym, and an outdoor running track
- Participate in informal gatherings with the crew, such as daily recaps and the next day’s preparations
- Loan of trekking poles and all equipment needed for the activities
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition photographers will help configure your camera settings before landings
Not Included In Your Expedition
- International flights
- Travel protection
- Baggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- Optional treatments in the onboard wellness and spa area
- All planned activities are subject to weather conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please ensure you can meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities are expected
MS Roald Amundsen
|Passenger capacity||528 (500 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||20 889 T|
In 2019, Hurtigruten added a brand new ship to its fleet: the MS Roald Amundsen. The state of the art vessel features new and environmentally sustainable hybrid technology that will reduce fuel consumption and show the world that hybrid propulsion on large ships is possible.
Sailing with MS Roald Amundsen
- Practical Information for Expedition Cruises On Board MS Roald Amundsen
- Experts in exploration
- Young Explorers’ Program: Bring your kids on board