April 1, 2017 - Upcoming Hurtigruten itineraries along the American and Canadian east coast offers everything from sleepy southern charm to exciting northern cities, from cultural treasures to remote nature reserves. Inviting explorers to experience the rich diversity of the American seaboard.
Highlights of the trip include:
- Crossing Baffin Bay from Canada to Greenland
- Arctic expedition, exploring the unspoiled regions on both sides of Baffin Bay
- St. Johns, Canada – Kangerlussuaq, Greenland (15-day)
- Exploring the Arctic Land of the Caribou
- Travel through time to a different world, where the vast Arctic landscapes, wild animals and small settlements remain as if untouched by man
- Copenhagen/Narsarsuaq, Denmark - St. John's, Canada (15-day)
- Coastal Gems of America - Southbound
- North America’s eastern seaboard, offers a striking variety of cultures, historic sites, and dramatic natural scenery.
- Halifax, Canada – Miami, Florida (13-day)
- Coastal Gems of America - Northbound
- Starting in Miami, sailing into New York to experience the Big Apple, and discovering Maine’s magnificent coast, before completing the journey in Halifax, Canada.
- Miami, Florida – Halifax, Canada (13-day)
- Discovering the Untouched Beauty of Greenland and Arctic Canada
- Discover Newfoundland and Labrador´s towering mountains, massive rock faces, deep forests and infinite supply of lakes and rivers.
- Copenhagen, Denmark - Halifax, Canada (17-day)
- A Voyage Through Arctic Canada and Iceland
- Rugged Atlantic coastline of Canada features evergreen forests, rolling farmland, breathtaking mountains, and remote settlements.
- Halifax, Canada – Reykjavik, Iceland (14-day)
Hurtigruten is the world leader in exploration travel and the largest cruise operator in Antarctica, sailing to the most remote destinations as well as year-round along Norway's coast. The company’s fleet of intimate ships, which each carry 100 to 646 guests, allows travelers to enjoy the scenery and culture of the destination in a relaxed atmosphere. Hurtigruten is building the world’s first hybrid cruise ship. Hurtigruten recently joined the USTOA, United States Tour Operators’ Association, recognized for its dedication to integrity in tourism. Known for being at the forefront of expedition and adventure travel, Hurtigruten has been honored as TravelAge West’s WAVE (Western Agents’ Votes of Excellence) 2016 “Best Expedition Cruise Line,” USA Today’s Readers’ Choice “The Best Boutique Cruise Line,” and Travvy Awards’ 2016 “Best Polar Expedition Operator,” “Best Shore Excursion” and 2017 “Best Expedition Cruise Line.” Additional information, brochures, and reservations can be obtained from travel agents or Hurtigruten's website, www.hurtigruten.us; and by phone at +1 (866) 552-0371. To order brochures 24 hours a day, visit hurtigruten.us/order-brochures/.