Gamme Cabins at the Snowhotel
Stay at one of the Snowhotel’s luxurious wooden cabins, designed with large windows to enjoy summer sunsets and winter’s Northern Lights.
- Spend a night in the Snowhotel’s cozy and luxurious Gamme Cabin.
- Rent snow shoes, skis, or a bicycle to explore the local wilderness.
- Access the surrounding park, home to reindeer and nearby husky kennels
- Savor a three-course dinner and breakfast at the hotel.
Your Snowhotel stay starts with a minibus transfer either from the ship at the end of your seven-day Voyage North or from your hotel in Kirkenes. The Snowhotel is located in Sandnes, about 6 miles from Kirkenes.
Made from several tons of snow and ice, the hotel’s large, extended igloo is an impressive sight. Explore the hotel after checking in and admire the illuminated sculptures and wall carvings found throughout.
Rent a traditional kick-sled, snow shoes, a pair of skis, or even a bicycle to spend the day exploring the local wilderness. Reindeers graze behind the hotel, and the nearby Dogyard is home to some 180 friendly Alaskan husky dogs and their loveable puppies (visiting Dogyard this is separate optional excursion that may be available, depending on the season).
Back at the hotel in the evening, you can warm up in the sauna and then head over to the Snow Bar, perhaps for an aquavit aperitif. Follow that up with a delicious three-course dinner, made from locally sourced ingredients and served at the Låven farmhouse restaurant, which features views of the fjord.
Then, settle into your Gamme Cabin, where a good night's sleep awaits you—but not before admiring the starry sky, or even the Northern Lights from autumn to spring, or enjoying the warm glow of the Midnight Sun in summer.
After breakfast, a minibus will transfer you either to your hotel in Kirkenes or to the ship to start your six-day Voyage South.
- Start point: Kirkenes dock/Kirkenes hotel
- End point: Kirkenes dock/Kirkenes hotel
Overnight at Gamme Cabins, breakfast, three-course dinner, Wi-Fi, roundtrip transfers between Kirkenes hotel/Kirkenes dock and Snowhotel.
- This program is offered daily, all year round
- For guests with limited mobility, upon request