King crab experience by boat
Board a local fishing boat out onto the Jarfjord and help to haul up king crab cages from the depths of the Barents Sea. Enjoy your catch of the day, prepared and cooked for you as fresh as it gets, at Norway’s oldest king crab restaurant.
Kirkenes is the home of the king crab and the nearby Jarfjord is one of the best king crab fishing spots in the region. After a safety briefing, you will join expert fishermen on their boat and help them as they pull up the king crab cages from the depths of the fjord. There will also be an explanation of the king crab’s life cycle and the importance of farming these enormous crustaceans is to the local community.
With the haul safely aboard, our boat speeds to Norway’s oldest king crab restaurant where you’ll learn how to prepare and cook king crab. Enjoy feasting on your fresh catch of the day, all the tastier for having caught it yourself!
- Included: Transfer from hotel (Thon Hotel or Scandic Kirkenes Hotel) or Sollia Lodge to Jarfjord and vice versa. Special waterproof clothing, king crab meal, and soft drinks.
- Minimum number of participants: 2
- Minimum age of participants: 8 years old.
- Available for guests with limited mobility, on request.
- Please inform us of any allergies or dietary requirements.
- Excursion is subject to local weather conditions.
- Booking code: KKN1
- 01.12.2019 – 30.11.2020
- 01.12.2020 – 31.11.2021
- 01.12.2021 – 15.04.2022
Daily, Several times (3 hrs):
- KKN1AM0800 (8.00 – 11.00)
- KKN1AM1000 (10.00 – 13.00)
- KKN1PM1200 (12.00 – 15.00)
- KKN1PM1400 (14.00 – 17.00)
- KKN1PM1600 (16.00 – 19.00)
- KKN1PM1800 (18.00 – 21.00)