Dogsledding tour under the northern lights
Sit back on your sled and take in the sight of the snow-covered scenery around you, the pack of dogs in front, and maybe the aurora shimmering in the night sky above. Dinner is in the lavvo tent at the mountain camp, around an open fire.
This amazing experience begins with a short transfer to Sollia Lodge where you will be dressed in thermal suits. Your guide will introduce you to the husky team of drivers and dogs before it’s time to set off into the snowy surroundings. With our professional mushing team driving the dogs through the darkness and into the mountains, you will be able to sit back and relax on your sled, admiring the views and watching for the majestic Aurora Borealis overhead. We weave through the forest on our way to our mountain wilderness camp. Once there, you will be able to interact with your racing huskies, and have dinner in our traditional lavvo tent, all cooked over the open fire by your guides. Being away from the lights of town, you are perfectly located to see the Northern Lights again, doing so in silence and awe.
- Included: Transfer from hotel (Thon Hotel or Scandic Kirkenes Hotel) to Sollia Lodge and vice versa. Dog sleds, thermal suits, dinner and hot drink.
- Minimum number of participants: 2.
- Minimum age of participants: 8 years old.
- Available for guests with limited mobility, on request.
- Please inform us of any allergies or dietary requirements.
- Excursion is subject to local weather conditions.
- Booking code: KKN6.
Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from 18.00 – 22.00 (4 hrs) in the time periodes:
- 01.12.2019 – 15.04.2020
- 01.12.2020 – 15.04.2021
- 01.12.2021 – 15.04.2022