Explore the royal resorts outside of Lisbon including the UNESCO town of Sintra, Monserrate Palace and the beaches of Cascais city.
- Extend your holiday in Lisbon with Hurtigruten
- Admire the picturesque town of Sintra, a UNESCO site
- Tour ornate Monserrate Palace and its manicured gardens
- Visit the cosmopolitan resort city Cascais and its beaches
Itinerary for your Pre-Program:
Day 1: Spend the night at a hotel in Lisbon including breakfast the next day.
Day 2: After breakfast, we head to the beautiful, fairy-tale resort town of Sintra which has inspired many a poets. Nestled in a rolling mountain range overlooking the Atlantic, the UNESCO-listed town is renowned for its 19th-century Romanticist architecture, historic estates, pastel-coloured villas, luxuriant gardens, and royal palaces and castles. In the foothills near Sintra, you’ll visit Monserrate Palace, the traditional summer resort for Portuguese royalty. Stroll its sublime gardens full of romantic ruins and exotic flowers from foreign countries. Afterwards, a typical Portuguese lunch is waiting for you in a local restaurant.
Before returning to Lisbon for the night, we will also take in the cosmopolitan city of Cascais on the Portuguese Riviera. Its three golden bays shelter sandy beaches together with a yacht-filled harbour, while cobblestone streets are lined with bustling shops looked over by an imposing fort.
Please note that the order of visited sites may vary.
Included: The price includes one hotel night in Lisbon with breakfast, transfer from the hotel to pier, a 7.5-hour English guided excursion “Sintra, Monserrate Palace and Cascais” with entrance fee to Monserrate Palace, headset equipment and lunch.
Not included: Gratuities and dinner
Remarks and requiremnets:
- The tour starts one day before embarkation.
- Includes some walking on uneven pavement and cobblestone streets. This excursion is not suitable for wheelchair-users.
- If the minimum number of participants is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel the land adventure up to six weeks before departure.