Overnight Tour: Reykjavik and Iceland Hightlights (3 days and 2 nights)
"Reykjavik and Iceland Hightlights" is one of our pre and post programs, which allows you to stay even longer in your favourite destinations. This is the itinerary for the post programme (the pre programme starts from the hotel):
Day 1: Reykjavik/Blue Lagoon, City Tour
Start from the ship to the the Blue Lagoon, located in the middle of a beautiful lava field, and have an intriguing introduction to the unusual Icelandic landscapes. Enjoy a bath in the reviving lagoon waters, rich in minerals and renowned for their healing properties. Afterwards visit Reykjavik, affectionately called the biggest little city in the World and see the most important landmarks during this sightseeing, incl. a stop at the pearl, where you can enjoy great views of the capital area and beyond. Return to the hotel in the early afternoon.
Day 2: Reykjavik/Golden Circle Tour
The full day Golden Circle Tour takes you to beautiful Thingvellir National Park, a place of tremendous interest as a primary site of both Iceland’s geological and historical heritage. Continue over the Lyngdalsheidi heath into the fertile farmlands of the south, to visit the most beautiful waterfall of the country, Gullfoss. Nearby, you’ll also stop at the geysir geothermal area with its multitude of hot springs, where the most active one, Strokkur, spouts every few minutes. Lunch will be served in the area. We return to Reykjavik through the Grimsnes region.
Day 3: Reykjavik
Breakfast at hotel.
Price from 570 €
The price includes two nights at a first class hotel in Reykjavik incl. breakfast, full day tour golden circle with lunch buffet, excursion, incl. entrance fee to Blue Lagoon, short Reykjavik panoramic city tour, English-speaking guide during the tours. Min. participant number applies. Not included: meals (except lunch on day 2), drinks, gratuities.
You can extend your holiday with the "Reykjavik and Iceland Highlights" as a pre or post programme on these voyages with Hurtigruten:
1. The Vinland Saga Adventure (Departure date 12.06.2017, from Iceland to Canada): Pre program, booking code: CENREK6PRE
2. In the Wake of the Vikings (Departure date 12.05.2017, from Norway to Iceland): Post program, booking code: CENREK6POST
3. Expedition to Three Arctic Islands (Departure date 24.08.2017, from Svalbard to Iceland): Post program, booking code: CENREK6POST
4. The Ultimate Fjord Expedition in the Arctic (Departure date 06.09.2017, from Iceland to Norway): Pre program, booking code: CENREK6PRE
5. Elves, Sagas, Galciers and Volcanoes (Departure dates: 21.05. 2017 and 01.06.2017): Pre program, booking code: CENREK6PRE
Please call us on +44 208 846 2666 if you wish to book this extension programme!
If you want to stay in Iceland before or after your pre/post programme, you can further extend your holiday by staying at our recommended hotels.