Embrace the true spirit of exploration and join us as we discover, learn, and come even closer to the most remote corners of the world.
Hurtigruten’s expedition cruises will appeal to your inner explorer. Stand on deck knowing that shortly you’ll experience what’s beyond that horizon. Go ashore in small explorer boats with our Expedition Team, and join optional activities such as kayaking, snowshoeing or even camping in some of the world’s most untouched and pristine places.
Adding to the exploration
Drawing on more than 125 years of pioneering history, we are proud to provide the chance to travel with meaning. Our experience has taught us that exploring these remote destinations first hand is intriguing, but understanding local nature, wildlife, history or culture will add so much more to your adventure. That’s why our Expedition Teams host in-depth lectures and share specialist knowledge in the Science Center before and after landings. They also accompany you ashore and during activities and are there to enhance your experience.
In the wake of great pioneers
When the great polar heroes explored uncharted territories, they didn’t know what was waiting behind the next iceberg. That excitement is still a part of true explorer cruises, as weather and ice might have an impact on our itinerary. Still, we are modern explorers with the most advanced expedition ships and modern technology that ensures safety and enriches your adventure.
Technology to take you deeper
Technology throughout the ship helps immerse you in your explorer experience:
- The Science Center is equipped with advanced microscopes to examine samples from the field, offering you a new perspective on the natural world.
- VR goggles installed here allow you to view Pioneer BluEye underwater drone cameras, as well as sample other Hurtigruten destinations.
- Large cube screens in the Science Center showcase engaging content and have a variety of display modes.
- The Science Center’s 65” touch table will feature an interactive map overlaid and enriched with scientific data and key information like deck plans, current ship location, planned route, and the day’s scheduled activities
- The TV in your cabin will stream lectures as well as live feeds from the ship’s mast-mounted 360° panoramic camera, from GoPro cameras during landings and tender boat cruises, and from Pioneer BluEye underwater drone cameras for pictures of marine life and the hidden depths of icebergs.
- The 17.5 m ultra-high definition LED screen in the lobby will inspire you with footage and images of the destinations we visit.
- Useful information, such as available excursions and restaurant service times, is accessible on your smartphone via the easy-to-download personal guest app.