Pre- and post-excursion: Charming Colonia del Sacramento (20/21 and 21/22)
Let us take you out of Montevideo and through the scenic Uruguayan countryside on a full day tour to the country´s oldest city.
Leave Montevideo in the morning on a journey through the Uruguayan countryside to Colonia del Sacramento, located on the east bank of the Rio de la Plata, some 180 km west of Montevideo. The trip is approximately 2–2.5 hours each way.
Colonia was founded in 1680 by the Portuguese. The historical centre, situated on a small peninsula jutting into the river, is rich with reminders of its colonial past. The picturesque streets of Colonia del Sacramento have been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enjoy some free time for lunch and to explore this charming town on your own after our guided walking tour (approx. one hour), before our return coach ride back to Montevideo.
The price includes a full day tour to Colonia del Sacramento, operated by coach/minibus and on foot, English-speaking guide, starting and ending at the hotel in Montevideo (approx. 08:00–17:00).
Not included: Lunch and drinks are not included.
- This tour operates one day before embarkation or one day after disembarkation and might not be exclusive to Hurtigruten guests.
- Please plan additional overnights in Montevideo in order to be able to join this tour.
- Minimum number of participants: 10 for private tour / 4 for a public tour.
- If the minimum number of participants is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel the trip until 6 weeks before departure.
- This excursion involves some walking, mainly over cobblestones. For guests with limited mobility on request.