Whether you arrive with Hurtigruten or independently, you will spend your first night here in Tromsø. Depending on your arrival time, we encourage you to explore the Arctic Capital before we head further north the next day.
Included in your Svalbard Experience, you’ll see all the main attractions of Longyearbyen, enjoy a delicious meal with incredible views, and learn about the history of Svalbard. You can also participate in a great selection of exciting optional excursions, listed below. Make sure you pre-book these before you arrive in Svalbard!
Your bus transfer will take you to the airport for your flight to Svalbard. Upon arrival in Longyearbyen, we will bring you to your hotel. To give you the best impressions of this Arctic city, we’ve booked you on a fantastic guided sightseeing tour. The guide will tell you all about the rich history of Longyearbyen and what it has to offer. You’ll see the vast desert of Arctic tundra and have the chance to take plenty of photos, as we make several stops along the way.
After the grand tour, you are welcome to do some further exploring on your own or join one of your pre-booked excursions.
Dinner with a view
Spend the day exploring by yourself before we meet up for dinner later in the evening. We have booked a great food experience for you this evening at Funktionærmessen. This restaurant once hosted mining company officials, where they enjoyed meals overlooking stunning panoramic views of Longyearbyen, the glacier and Hjortfjellet. Both then and now, the menu was inspired by French cuisine.
On the fourth day of this Arctic adventure, you’ll fly home from Svalbard, with a bag full of memories.
Hotel accommodation and breakfast in Tromsø and Svalbard; airport transfers in Tromsø; airport transfers in Svalbardflight from Tromsø -Longyearbyen; 5-course dinner at Funktionærmessen; airport transfer from hotel in Svalbard and flight from Longyearbyen to Oslo.
Dietary restrictions must be notified when booking. Please note that additional excursions are available for an extra charge.
Please note prices are per person, twin/double share. Single supplements may apply.
- 14:15/23:45 Disembark Hurtigruten
- Check-in at your hotel in Tromsø
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Transfer to the airport for your flight to Longyearbyen
- Transfer to your hotel in Longyearbyen
- Check-in at your hotel
- 16:00-18:00 Sightseeing in Longyearbyen
- 19:00 Dinner at Funktionærmessen
- Transfer to the airport
- Departure Longyearbyen by flight
Excursions available (not included, to be booked in addition)
- Sightseeing in Longyearbyen
- Arctic Wilderness evening
- Life of a Miner
- Dog Sledding Tour to Bolterdalen
- Snowmobile Safari Tempelfjorden
- Snowmobile Safari Camp Barentz
- Ice Cave tour
- Coast to Coast Ski Expedition
- Spitsbergen Winter safari
- Snowmobile safari Elveneset
- Snowmobile safari Barentsburg
- Snowmobile safari East coast
- Snowmobile safari Pyramiden
- Dog sledding to an ice cave
- Longyearbyen Panorama
- Dog ledding under the Northern lights
- Northern lights safari with snowmobile
- Ice caving: a frozen adventure
- Following a trapper´s footprints
- Northern Lights evening
- Northern Lights safari with snowcat
- Northern Lights safari to Barentsburg
- Longyearbyen Panorama- Under the midnight sun
- Isfjord Safari to Fuglefjella and Hiorthhamn
- Isfjord Safari to Grumant
- Hike across Foxfonna
- Hike from sea to summit
- Boat trip to Barentsburg
- Boat trip to Pyramiden
- Kayak trip to Adventsfjorden
- Dog ledding on wheels
- Dog ledding on Foxfonna
- Hike to Trollsteinen across Lars glacier
- Evening kayak tour on the Adventfjord
- Isfjord safari to the glacier von Postbreen
- Hike in Bolterdalen
- Fossil hunting at Deltaneset
- Spitsbergen Blomstrand Ultimate Trekking
- Evening boat trip to Yoldiabukta and the Wahlenberg glacier
- Quadbike safari in Advent Valley
- Arctic Sea Fishing
- Catamaran to Barentsburg & Pyramiden