Our professional guides will teach you all you need to know to take command of your very own husky team. Mush your canine companions across the frozen wilderness, past forests, lakes, and fields, and perhaps under the Northern Lights.
Starting at Sollia Lodge, you will be kitted out with warm outdoor clothing: snow overalls, shoes, gloves, and hats. Then it’s time to meet the dogs before they are are harnessed to your sledge, eagerly waiting to race across the wintery landscape.
There will be two people per sledge, taking it in turns to mush the dogs while following the lead guide. The trail takes us through an Arctic wildnerness of frozen lakes, silent forests, and snowy plateaus. We will take several breaks en route for photos, including one stop for a hot drink. As early evening approaches, the magical Northern Lights may make an appearance, making your unique dog sledding experience all the more memorable.
- Included: Transfer from hotel (Thon Hotel or Scandic Kirkenes Hotel) to Sollia Lodge and vice versa. Dog sleds, thermal suits, hot drink.
- Minimum number of participants: 2.
- Mininum age of participants: 8 years old.
- Shared mushing (2 people per sled).
- Available for guests with limited mobility, on request.
- Please inform us of any allergies or dietary requirements.
- Excursion is subject to local weather conditions.
- Booking code: KKN5
Daily (except Sundays) 14.00 – 17.00 (3hrs) in the time periods:
- 01.12.2019 – 15.04.2020
- 01.12.2020 – 15.04.2021
- 01.12.2021 – 15.04.2022