Catch a night in the artic light
Ride a sled to a camp high up in the Norwegian mountains, tuck into a warm meal, and then spend the night sleeping in a traditional lavvo tent. With no ambient light, it is the perfect setting for the Northern Lights should they appear.
After arriving at Sollia Lodge by bus, you’ll board an ATV-pulled sled that will take you further up into the mountains, past forests, to our remote camp surrounded by silence and snow. Far from the light and noise pollution of town, you can really unwind and connect with nature. The camp has a large traditional lavvo tent where you’ll enjoy dinner, cooked for you over the open fire, and where you’ll spend the night.
While you’ll be immersed chatting with your hosts and other guests, remember to take a few moments outside as well. Depending on the weather, you’ll be able to see an unfiltered night sky of stars, and if you’re lucky, the Northern Lights might display themselves and perform nature’s greatest lightshow for you.
- Included: Transfer from hotel (Thon Hotel or Scandic Kirkenes Hotel) to Sollia Lodge and vice versa. Thermal suits, dinner, and drinks.
- Minimum number of participants: 2
- Minimum age of participants: 8 years old
- Available for guests with limited mobility, on request.
- Please inform us of any allergies or dietary requirements.
- Excursion is subject to local weather conditions.
- Booking code: KKN11.
Daily - on request 18.00 – 09.00 (15 hrs) in the time periods:
- 01.12.2019 – 15.04.2020
- 01.12.2020 – 15.04.2021
- 01.12.2021 – 15.04.2022