Planned itinerary pre-cruise tour
Day 1: Arrival Halifax
Overnight at a centrally located hotel in Halifax, leaving the rest of the day at your leisure.
Day 2: Halifax
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before your 3.5-hour guided city tour starts around noon at the hotel.
Start your tour with free time at the Maritime Museum of Atlantic Canada, the oldest and largest maritime museum in Canada, and learn more about Nova Scotia's role in the aftermath of the Titanic tragedy.
Next, you’re on your way to the historic community of Peggy's Cove. Hear how glaciers and the constant pounding by ocean waves have shaped the world-renowned village's granite shores. Visit Peggy’s Cove Lighthouse that has inspired generations of writers, photographers and painters, and the famous deGarthe Memorial Monument, carved into coarse stone by artisan William deGarthe. Take time to explore the shops and galleries around this working fishing community before returning to Halifax by way of St. Margaret's Bay.
At the Fairview Lawn Cemetery, your guide will walk the grounds with you, bringing to life the tale of the great ship Titanic and its ill-fated maiden voyage. Discover the true identities of the unknown child and J. Dawson. Their stories are part of a poignant legacy that continues to fascinate visitors more than 100 years later.
Your pre-cruise Land Adventure ends at the pier in time for embarkation.
Please note that the order of visited sites may vary.
- The price includes one night at a hotel in Halifax, incl. American breakfast; luggage porterage at hotel;
- a 3.5-hour English-speaking guided excursion, “Peggy´s Cove and Titanic Tour;” and transfer to the pier in Halifax.
Not included: Gratuities, lunch and dinner
- This programme starts one day before embarkation
- For guests with limited mobility on request.
- Minimum number of participants: 10
- Tour dates 2020: 09.12.2020-09.13.2020, 09.17.2020-09.18.2020
- Tour dates 2021: 05.08.2021 - 05.09.2021, 09.09.2021 - 09.04.2021, 09.08.2021 - 09.09.2021 & 09.18.2021 - 09.19.2021
- Booking code: YHZPRE
If the minimum number of participants is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel the trip up until 6 weeks before departure.