Planned Itinerary Post-Cruise Land Adventure
Day 1: Vancouver/full day excursion to Whistler
Welcome to Vancouver! Right after disembarking, start your full-day tour to the beautiful resort village of Whistler, ending at your hotel in Vancouver that evening.
Travel from the scenic coastline of Howe Sound fjord to the lush forested peaks of the Coast Mountains. Stop at British Columbia’s highest waterfall, Shannon Falls, and enjoy riding on the Sea to Sky Gondola. Once inside the gondola (8 person capacity), with floor to ceiling glass windows, you glide to 2,900 ft. above sea level, enjoying incredible bird's-eye views of nearby Howe Sound and majestic Shannon Falls. At the top, there are many accessible viewing platforms to take in vistas of coastal fjords, as well as various walking/hiking trails, and Summit Lodge, complete with a restaurant, bar and retail area. See Stawamanus Chief, the second largest standing piece of granite in the world and a popular rock climbing area.
Upon arrival in Whistler Village, enjoy visiting Squamish Lil’wat Cultural Centre, the first-ever site dedicated to the history and culture of the local First Nations. This is where the mountains, rivers and people meet. Built to preserve and share their culture, the building is designed to evoke the longhouses of the Squamish people and the traditional “Istken” earthen pit house of the Lil’wat people, with modern architectural interpretations. Enjoy leisure time for shopping and sightseeing in the village before returning to Vancouver.
Dinner on your own. The rest of the day is at your leisure. Overnight.
Day 2: Vancouver/Departure
Breakfast at the hotel. The end of your post-cruise land adventure.
NOTE: The order of sights might vary
Tour available on the following expedition cruises:
- The tour starts after disembarkation in Vancouver. The excursion entails some walking. Guests with limited mobility are on request.
- Minimum number of participants: 20
If the minimum number of participants is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel the trip up until 6 weeks before departure.
- Tour dates: June 24-25, 2020 | July 8- 9, 2020 | August 1-2, 2020
- Price includes: The price includes a transfer from Vancouver Cruise Terminal to your hotel, a full day excursion to Whistler, admission fees for Sea to Sky Gondola and Squamish Lil`wat Cultural Centre, an English-speaking guide during the excursion, and one night at a hotel in Vancouver, including breakfast.
- Not included: Lunch, dinner, drinks and gratuities
- Tour booking code: YVRPOST