Planned itinerary post-cruise tour
Day 1: Halifax / Disembarkation
After disembarkation start your tour with free time at the Maritime Museum of Atlantic Canada, the oldest and largest maritime museum in Canada, and learn more about Nova Scotia's role in the aftermath of the Titanic disaster.
Next, you’re on your way to the historic community of Peggy's Cove. Hear how glaciers and constant pounding by ocean waves have shaped the world-renowned village's granite shores. Visit Peggy’s Cove Lighthouse, which has inspired generations of writers, photographers and painters, and the famous deGarthe Memorial Monument, carved out of coarse stone by artisan William deGarthe. Take time to explore the shops and galleries around this working fishing community before returning to Halifax by way of St. Margaret's Bay.
At the Fairview Lawn Cemetery, your guide will walk the grounds with you, bringing to life the tale of the great ship Titanic and its ill-fated maiden voyage. Discover the true identities of the unknown child and J. Dawson. Their stories are part of a poignant legacy that continues to fascinate visitors more than 100 years later.
The tour ends at a centrally located hotel in Halifax, leaving the rest of the day at your leisure before your overnight.
Day 2: Halifax
The next day, enjoy breakfast at your hotel as your post-cruise Land Adventure concludes.
Halifax has so much to offer. Perhaps you´ll want to extend your stay for a few extra nights? The choice is yours.
Please note that due to changing conditions, the order of these sights might vary.
- The price includes one night at a hotel in Halifax, incl. American breakfast; luggage porterage at hotel;
- a 3.5-hour English-speaking guided excursion, “Peggy´s Cove and Titanic Tour;” and transfer from the pier in Halifax
Not included: Gratuities, lunch and dinner
- Guests with limited mobility are on request.
- Minimum number of participants: 10
- Tour dates 2020: 09.13.2020-09.14.2020, 09.18.2020-09.19.2020
- Tour dates 2021: 05.09.2021 - 05.10.2021, 09.04.2021 - 09.05.2021, 09.09.2021 - 09.10.2021 & 09.19.2021 - 09.20.2021
- Booking code: YHZPOST
If the minimum number of participants is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel the trip up until 6 weeks before departure.
This tour starts on day of disembarkation.