Planned Pre-Program Itinerary:
Day 1: Reykjavik
Overnight at hotel in Reykjavik, incl. breakfast.
Day 2: Reykjavik/Golden Circle Tour
On this tour you will explore the iconic Golden Circle and afterwards unwind as you soak in a genuine Icelandic hot spring!
The full day tour Golden Circle takes to beautiful Thingvellir National Park, a place of tremendous interest as a primary site of both Iceland’s geological and historical heritage. After a walk in Thingvellir, the tour continues over the Lyngdalsheidi heath into the fertile farmlands of the south, to visit the most beautiful waterfall of the country, Gullfoss. Nearby, you’ll also stop at the Geysir geothermal area with its multitude of hot springs, where the most active one, Strokkur, spouts every few minutes. Lunch will be served in the area.
The last stop today and the most relaxing is the Secret Lagoon. The pool's natural surroundings and steam rising into the air gives the place a magical feeling. Whatever the weather it's the perfect spot for relaxing in between sightseeing and enjoying Icelandic nature at its very best. Arrive at the pier for embarkation.
Kindly note that the order of visited sites might vary. Remember to bring your swimming suit (towels will be provided).
You can combine this pre-programme tour with these Hurtigruten sailings:
- Iceland, Jan Mayen, Spitsbergen - Arctic Islands Discovery (10 days) (May 26, 2019)
- Iceland and Greenland – The Viking Heritage (17 days) (July 11, 2019)
- Circumnavigating Iceland – The Land of Elves, Sagas and Volcanoes (May - June 2019)
- Iceland, Jan Mayen, Spitsbergen - Arctic Islands Discovery (12 days) (July 01, 2019)
- Shetlands, Faroe Islands, Iceland – In the Wake of the Vikings (Eastbound) (October 06, 2019)
- Iceland and Greenland - The Viking Heritage (16 days) (August 06, 2019)
The price includes one night at a hotel in Reykjavik incl. breakfast, full day Golden Circle tour with lunch buffet and visit of the Secret Lagoon, English-speaking guide during the excursion.
Not included: dinner, drinks, gratuities.
Note: Tour start one day prior to embarkation in Reykjavik. Includes walking on uneven terrain.