- Outdoor activity and hiking with your own Expedition Team
- Small groups
- Learn about typical Norwegian outdoor “friluftsliv” traditions
- Deeper exploration of the areas we visit
Winter and Summer Activity Passes
You can buy either:
- Outdoor Activity Pass – full packages in summer or winter. This includes all hikes available for that roundtrip.
- Outdoor Activity Pass – with 3 hikes in summer or winter.
- Single hikes. Only available for purchase on-board.
Due to different hiking sites during summer and winter, we also separate it seasonally.
For all packages, we recommend/require a certain level of equipment:
- Hiking poles are complementary if you have a full hiking pass and can also be rented on board.
- Good shoes for hiking, meaning high ankle boots that can withstand mud and water
- A wind and rainproof jacket (preferably with a hood)
- Good hiking pants
- Gloves and a hat
- A water bottle
- Woollen underwear (Autumn, Winter, Spring)
- We provide spikes for slippery conditions
Adapt with the season and weather. The shops on board have a range of quality clothing and equipment in stock.
Some of the hikes are physically demanding, so a general good physical condition is required. The terrain will be variable, sometimes slippery and uneven. The outdoor activity will be adapted due to weather conditions, seasons and physical level of the participants.
1: Involves limited physical activity, most of the tour is operated by vehicle.
2: Involves moderate physical activity on relatively level surfaces and gentle terrain.
3: Involves physical activity on uneven surfaces and/or steep terrain. You may be expected to carry your own backpack and equipment. Not suitable if you have limited mobility.
4: Involves a high level of physical activity over an extended period, in the terrain that may often be uneven, slippery and steep. You would be expected to carry your own backpack and equipment. Not suitable if you have limited mobility.
All hikes will be a level between 3 to 4
Children must be 12 years or older. Minors from 12 - 15 years old must be accompanied by an adult. All outdoor activities are subject to local weather/ice and snow conditions. Contact the Expedition Leader on board for more information.