The Hurtigruten Museum - Admission only
Delve into Hurtigruten’s history with fast-track entry to Hurtigrutemuseet, a museum that celebrates how our company came to be, set inside the retired ship from 1956, MS Finnmarken.
- Fast-track entry to Hurtigrutemusset at Stokmarknes, our birthplace
- Peruse the interactive exhibits and watch a movie about our history.
- Travel back in time to 1912 and 1956 through different sections of the ship.
- Learn the history and hear the stories that made the Original Norwegian Coastal Express the icon it is today.
Level 1: Easy - suitable for most people
Walking along the waterfront of Stokmarknes, you can’t miss a big, bold glass building gleaming in the sunlight. Encased within is a full-sized ship, our very own MS Finnmarken from 1956. This is Hurtigrutemuseet, a modern museum in honor of the Original Norwegian Coastal Express, in the shape of a massive ship in a bottle.
Hurtigrutemuseet preserves paraphernalia, archives, photos, artifacts, and even old toys that chronicle Hurtigruten’s profound impact on the history of the Norwegian coast. Walk back through time in different sections of the museum. Explore the bridge, the galley, the engine room, the wooden furniture from the classic dining room, and the antique cabins from 1956. Then, relax in the lounge from the first ever Norwegian Coastal Express ship, DS Finnmarken, from 1912.
The knowledgeable guides on hand and the range of interactive exhibits ensure a memorable time at Hurtigrutemuseet, which encapsulates and celebrates the cherished legacy of the original Norwegian coastal voyage.
- Disembarking port: Stokmarknes
- Embarking port: Stokmarknes
- Period: All year
- Meals on the trip: No meals included, café available at the museum
- Clothes/Footwear: Comfortable shoes, warm and windproof clothing
- Bookable only on board the ship