The Norwegian’s passion for the outdoors has a name: “friluftsliv”, which can best be described as anything to do with outdoor living and connecting with Mother Nature on both a physical and spiritual level. And winter is perhaps the most special time to explore the wild and untamed Norwegian scenery. The landscape is covered in white snow and the air is fresh, pure and crisp. You go ashore in small groups, with your own Expedition Team to explore and get even closer to nature. See Norway through the native eyes of the Expedition Team and enjoy learning more about subjects such as biology, history, geology, culture and science in an entertaining and informal way. The purpose of our activities is not only about lectures and facts about local history, but the activity itself. Hopefully you will experience at least a touch of the pleasure being outdoors and being in the moment on our activities, maybe when sitting around a campfire, hiking a trail, or even just by enjoying a cup of coffee or tea together.
- Available in ports:
- Northbound: Ålesund, Trondheim, Bodø, Tromsø, Honningsvåg, Kirkenes
- Southbound: Svolvær and Brønnøysund
- Available period: 01.11-31.05
- Duration: from 1- 4 hours depending on port
- Level: 4
- Transportation: Included where needed
- Meals on the trip: Hot and cold drinks, sometimes snack or light meal
- Note: Some of the hikes are physical demanding, so a general good physical condition is required. The terrain will be variable, sometimes slippery and uneven.The outdoor activity will be adapted due to weather conditions, seasons and physical level of the participants
- All outdoor activities are subject to local weather/ice and snow conditions. Contact the Expedition Leader on board for more information.
We recommend certain equipment:
- Good shoes for hiking, that means ankle high boots which can withstand mud and water
- 3 layer principle:
- A wind and rainproof jacket (preferably with a hood) Good hiking pants.
- Mid layer clothing – sweater
- Basic layer – underwear – wool/wool mixGloves and a hat
- A water bottle
- Map & compass to be lend out due to “navigation courses”
- Adapt with the season and weather. The shops on board have a range of quality clothing and equipment in stock.