This mountain hike starts with a trip in a cable car, taking you 400 meters above the city. The ride takes only four minutes, and from here there is an impressing panoramic view over Tromsø, Kvaløya and the surrounding islands. Here you also find Fjellstua Cafè that serves snacks, lunch or dinner. As you work your way up to the top, the guide will tell you about vegetation here in the Arctic and things you see on your way. Once on top, you are rewarded with an even more stunning view. You take another path back down to the cable car, with a small snack break included. During autumn there are only a few hours of daylight in the north, and with clear skies the only light we see is from the stars, the moon and sometimes the northern lights. This time of year the hike is done with headlamps.
- Period: 05.06-04.11
- Transportation: Bus/Cable car
- Meals on the trip: Warm drink and snack
- Clothes/Footwear: Hiking shoes, warm and windproof clothing
- Note: Recommended equipment is backpack with water bottle, extra clothing, camera, sunglasses. The guide will bring necessary safety equipment. Participants should have good general health
- Age limit: 12 years old together with parent