One of the greatest men in polar history was Adolf Henrik Lindstrøm from Hammerfest. He participated in all of the expeditions that led to Norway’s status as a polar nation. Lindstrøm joined Nansen, Amundsen and Sverdrup on their expeditions to the North Pole and South Pole. He sailed through the North West Passage and around the American continent. He was the Norwegian with the most experience in Arctic and Antarctic areas ever.
The bus picks us up at the pier and takes us to “Framheim” situated on mount Salen. After putting on warm clothes we go on an expedition by foot to the top of the mountain. You will really get a feeling of how it is like to be outside in the Arctic. We plant the flag at the top and return to “Framheim” for a taste of Lindstrøm’s favourite recipes.
- Period: 01.01- 22.03, 08.11 - 31.12, 01.01-22.03
- Transportation: Bus
- Meals on the trip: Taste of steak a la Lindstrøm, hotcakes
- Clothes/Footwear: Hiking shoes, warm and windproof clothing. Special clothing, walking sticks and spikes are provided
- Note: The mini expedition is in uphill terrain, not steep. Participants need to be in good physical condition
- Age limit: 16 years old together with parent