Fishing Village Visit
Visit two colorful fishing villages and discover Christmas at the very top of Norway, whatever the time of year.
- Enjoy a guided tour of the fascinating island of Magerøya.
- Explore the fishing villages of Skarsvåg and Kamøyvær.
- Visit the charming ‘Christmas and Winter House’.
- See the artwork of a local artist at her ‘East of the Sun’ gallery.
Level 2: Moderate - some mobility needed
Comfortable shoes, warm and windproof clothing.
Experience the magnificent sights and culture of Troms and Finnmark County. Starting in Honningsvåg, we’ll journey through gorgeous scenery while our guide tells us about local history.
Then, we’ll stop at the village of Skarsvåg and visit the cozy ‘Christmas and Winter House’. Amid festive music and rooms sparkling with decorations, peruse a range of locally produced items. You’ll also enjoy a hot drink and slice of cake.
Next, we’ll head to the world’s northernmost fishing village, Kamøyvær. We’ll will explore this picturesque harbor, which is bustling with fishermen and a small fishing fleet. You’ll also visit the quaint gallery of artist Eva Schmutterer. The exhibition displays handicrafts inspired by the surrounding landscape.
Weather permitting, we’ll stop at the Tufjord viewpoint to get a glimpse of the ‘Hornet.’ This natural rock formation is a sacred place for the Sámi people.
- Disembarking port: Honningsvåg
- Embarking port: Honningsvåg
- Period: January 2–December 31, except December 24–25
- Transportation: Bus
- Meals: Cake
- Clothes: Comfortable shoes, warm and windproof clothing