RIB Adventure in Lofoten
Join us for a thrilling small-boat (RIB) ride in the Lofoten islands. Stop for a snack at a fishing village on the island of Skrova, known for its beautiful weather and scenery.
- See Lofoten’s rugged landscapes from a small boat (RIB).
- Pass small, sheltered bays and sandy beaches.
- Look out for sea eagles during the boat ride.
- Enjoy a snack in a fishing village on Skrova Island.
Level 3: Active - good mobility needed
1 hour, 30 min
This excursion may be combined with excursion 9C, Sea Eagle Safari
Experienced skippers will take you to an idyllic lagoon lined with white-sand beaches and surrounded by islands and skerries. Here, you’ll have a good chance of seeing sea eagles, Europe’s largest bird of prey.
Then, we’ll continue at high speed on the Vestfjord to the island of Skrova. Decades ago, the island’s population swelled, due to the fishing and whaling industry. Today, the village is home to just under 200 people. Skrova has two nicknames: One is ‘Photo Island’, because of the permanent outdoor photo exhibits found throughout the island. The other is ‘Hawaii Island’, because of its sunny climate and impressive scenery. We’ll stop here for a snack and learn about the modern-day salmon fishing industry and the island’s history.
Then, we’ll travel to the village of Skjoldvær before heading back across the Vestfjord to Svolvær. Here, the statue of the ‘Fisherman’s Wife’ will greet us at the harbor entrance before we board our waiting ship.
- Disembarking port: Svolvær
- Embarking Port: Svolvær
- Available: June 9–September 8
- Transportation: RIB (rigid inflatable boat)
- Meals: A snack
- Clothes: Comfortable shoes, warm and windproof clothing. Life jackets, thermal suits, and gloves are provided
- The excursion is not suitable for guests with back injuries
- Minimum age limit: 6 years old when accompanied by an adult