Start your engines and ride your own snowmobile across the icy fjord landscape and deep into the snowy wilderness.
- Drive a snowmobile across a frozen fjord and snowy terrain.
- Experience the beautiful Arctic landscape.
- Learn about the area’s history and extreme climate.
- Enjoy a hot drink and taste reindeer meat.
Level 3: Active - good mobility needed
Valid driver’s license required
Arriving at our start point by bus, first, we’ll gear up with helmets and thermal suits that’ll keep us safe and warm during the ride. Our guides will then give us thorough instructions on how to properly operate a snowmobile. We’ll drive in pairs. Each person will take turns driving and relaxing as a passenger.
You’re sure to feel the rush of adrenaline that comes from starting up a snowmobile. Then, we’ll set off across the snow into the stunning Arctic winter landscape. A highlight might include traveling across a frozen fjord or climbing a ridge that reveals an amazing view of the mountains. If we’re really lucky, the Northern Lights may make an appearance, making your snowmobile safari extra special.
Experienced guides will talk about the Arctic climate, the nomadic Sámi people, and local wildlife. We’ll end our trip with a hot drink and some dried reindeer meat.
- Disembarking port: Kirkenes
- Embarking Port: Kirkenes
- Available period: December 15–May 5, except January 1
- Transportation: Bus and snowmobile
- Meals: Coffee and dried reindeer snack
- Clothes: Comfortable shoes, warm and windproof clothing
- Thermal suits and helmets are provided
- Subject to weather/snow conditions
- Minimum age limit: 12 years old when accompanied by an adult. Children under the age of 15 can only be passengers