Snowmobile Trip in the Arctic
Drive your own snowmobile through a beautiful winter landscape from one port to the next, hopefully under the Northern Lights.
- Drive a snowmobile over the mountain between Kjøllefjord and Mehamn.
- Hear the guides tell their stories about life in the Arctic.
- Look to the sky for a chance to see the magical northern lights.
- See the world’s northernmost mainland town, Mehamn.
Winter, Spring (15 Dec - 30 Apr, except 24 Dec and 1 Jan)
Level 3: Active - good mobility needed
2 hours 30 minutes
Valid driver’s license required
This awe-inspiring excursion across the Nordkyn Peninsula will be a day you’ll never forget. Experienced instructors will provide proper training before you hop on your own snowmobile and enjoy this exciting trip through spectacular scenery.
Starting from the old trading post and fishing village of Kjøllefjord, we’ll travel over the mountains to Mehamn. Discover snow-clad valleys, breathe fresh mountain air, and gaze in amazement at the stunning mountains that surround us.
Along the way, the guides will share their knowledge of the areas we see, including the Indigenous Sámi people, their reindeer herds, and what life is like in this extreme landscape.
If you’re here in winter, you may be treated to a display of the Northern Lights above, especially during the Polar Night period, when the sun doesn’t rise above the horizon. In spring, the sun returns, its light reflecting off the snow and illuminating the beauty of the mountains, forests, and valleys.
- Disembarking port: Kjøllefjord
- Embarking Port: Mehamn
- Available period: 15 Dec - 30 Apr, except 24 Dec and 1 Jan
- Transportation: Bus and snowmobile
- Clothes: Comfortable shoes and warm clothing. Thermal clothing is provided
- Subject to weather and snow conditions
- Minimum age limit: 6 years old when accompanied by an adult