Prince Edward Island is dotted with 50 lighthouses, and this tour will give you a chance to view some of them up close!
The Woods Island lighthouse was completed in 1876 and consists of a 52-foot square pyramidal wood tower with lantern and gallery, rising from one end of a 1½ -story keeper's house. The building is painted white with red trim and the lantern and keeper's house roof are red. Today, the keeper's house is a crafts shop and visitor center, so enjoy a stop here to take amazing photos and shop for souvenirs.
The Prim Point Lighthouse, built in 1845, is set against a wild, windswept landscape. It is the first and oldest lighthouse on Prince Edward Island, and one of only two round brick lighthouses in Canada. Standing just over 60 feet tall from foundation to weathervane, it consists of five levels, all of which are connected by a series of wooden steps. Those who wish to may step inside, climb to the top and be rewarded with wonderful views.