Sete Cidades, the seven cities region, is dominated by an impressive 12 km-diameter caldera. Within the crater lie two volcanic lakes, one green and the other blue. See the lakes from both the highest point and at close quarters. From Ponta Delgada the tour takes you to the Vista do Rei Viewpoint, from where you, on a clear day, will have a magnificent view of the landscape of the Sete Cidades Lakes.
A panoramic drive will take you to the scenic village of Sete Cidades, located on the shores of the blue lake, surrounded by forested walls. Enjoy the scenic beauty and time in one of the oldest villages of the Azores. On the way back to Ponta Delgada, you will also see Santiago Lake, with its own unique style. From the Hotel Açores Atlântico balcony in front of Ponta Delgada Port, enjoy a relaxing view of the sea and the marina while savouring a selection of Azorean wines and cheeses. Return to ship.
• Level: 2
• Hike level::
• Included: Bus, guide, Wine & Cheese tasting (snack)
• Remarks/requirements: Comfortable walking shoes.
• Walking information: In and out of bus + walking at stops
Total driving time approx. 2h.
• Wheelchair accessible: Yes, but only IF guest can climb steps in/out of bus
• Maximum participants: 200