Discover spectacular coastlines, natural wonders, and cultural highlights between Norway’s Bergen and Russia’s White Sea on an expedition cruise that stands out from the rest.
Scenic Norwegian fjords and colorful fishing towns
This is a two-part journey. On the one hand you have the awe-inspiring scenery of the Norwegian coast, and on the other the pristine isolation of Russia’s White Sea region. The beautiful Hjørundfjord is our first stop before we sail across the Arctic Circle and visit the picture-perfect Lofoten Islands.
Next it’s on to the idyllic fishing village of Sommarøy before stopping at North Cape, the northernmost point of the European mainland. Vardø, once a home for the Pomor people to trade with Russia, is our last stop before leaving Norway.
Expedition cruise adventure in Russia’s White Sea
The port of Murmansk is the first in the White Sea region, where routes and landing sites are dependent on weather conditions. The city of Arkhangelsk marks our first stop before we move on to the rarely visited Solovetsky Islands. On our last day in the White Sea, weather permitting, we aim to visit a traditional village on the southern coast of the remote Kola Peninsula before returning to Murmansk.
Our last two days are spent back in Norwegian waters. In Troms og Finnmarken, we aim to make landfall and explore. On our second-to-last day, we drop anchor near the stunning Lyngen Alps. We will spend our last day hiking, kayaking, and enjoying the beauty of the landscape.
We say farewell in Tromsø, the starting point for many Arctic expeditions, many of which are detailed at the Polar Museum. For those looking to extend their journey, we offer an optional Post-Program in Tromsø.
Day 1Bergen, Norway
Our journey begins
Day 2Hjørundfjord, Norway (Outside Urke or Sæbø)
Day 3At Sea
Day 4Svolvær, Norway
Majestic beauty of the Lofoten Islands
Day 5Sommarøy, Norway
A picture-perfect island
Day 6Skarsvåg, Norway
North Cape – Europe’s northernmost point
Day 7Vardø, Norway
Pomor traders and witchcraft trials
Day 8Murmansk, Russia
Day 9Barents Sea
Journey to the White Sea
Day 10Arkhangelsk, Russia
Northern Russia’s Cultural Capital
Day 11Solovetsky Islands, Russia
The Pearls of the White Sea
Day 12White Sea coast, Kola Peninsula
Exploring the Kola Peninsula
Day 13Barents Sea
Sailing to Murmansk
Day 14Murmansk, Russia
A Second Look at Murmansk
Day 15Troms og Finnmarken coastline, Norway
Exploring the Barents Sea
Day 16Havnnes, Norway
The awe-inspiring Lyngen Alps
Day 17Tromsø, Norway
End of the expedition cruise
Available Promotions on This Itinerary:
Come Together—Save up to $ 2,000The moment you choose your destination, a grand adventure begins. It’s finally time to come together; grab your family and friends and set sail on an expedition cruise. Wherever you choose, there are memories to be made.See Special Offer
Included in Your Expedition
- Expedition cruise in the cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in Aune restaurant
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to fill at onboard water refill stations
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organize and guide activities, both on board and ashore
- Range of included activities
- Experts from the Expedition Team present detailed lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center, which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- The Citizen Science program allows guests to contribute to current scientific research
- The onboard professional photographer will give tips and tricks for taking the best landscape and wildlife photos
- The ship has hot tubs, a sauna with a view, and an indoor gym
- Participate in informal gatherings with the crew, such as daily recaps and the next day’s preparations
- Escorted landings with small boats (RIBs)
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition photographers help configure your camera settings
Not Included In Your Expedition
- Air travel
- Travel protection
- Baggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- A double-entry Russian visa is required For this cruise. Please ensure you can meet all entry and boarding requirements.
- No gratuities are expected
|Year of refurbishment||2016|
|Shipyard||Estaleiro Navais de Viana do Castelo (POR)|
MS Spitsbergen will take you on a cruise beyond the ordinary. She cruises along the Norwegian coast from September to May and becomes part of our Global Expedition sailings the rest of the year.