Good news parents! Your children aged 6-13 and up can join a complimentary activity programme on board our ships (except MS Vesterålen) during July and August.
We warmly invite families with young children to come and experience the Norwegian coast with us. Through a range of activities on and off the ship, our crew will feed your children’s curiosity and nurture their sense of adventure. Prepare for a family vacation full of fun memories that your whole family will cherish for years to come.
The program is designed to be interactive and engaging for young minds. Art workshops, creative challenges, competitive games, and rapid-fire quiz questions add to a stimulating pace that is sure to grab their attention. Our tasks and activities naturally lead to team building and bonding. Children often make new friends and play together outside the program, and may even form friendships that could last a lifetime!
Minds of the future
Here are some topics that may be explored on this program for children. Each topic is taught in a way to activate your child’s imagination and increase their awareness of the world that they will inherit from us.
- Learn how the ancient Vikings lived and explored
- Get to know famous Norwegian polar explorers and their journeys
- Learn about polar exploration on a mountain hike
- Hear about key moments in Norwegian history
- Discover the science and myths behind the Northern Lights
- Learn how to identify bird species along the Norwegian coast
- See how we recycle on board the ship
- Join a clean-up on a local beach, removing plastic and garbage
- Explore Northern Norway’s Indigenous Sámi culture
- Learn about the Norwegian concept of friluftsliv (outdoor life)
- Practice speaking a few words of Sámi and counting to ten
- Craft works of art using everyday items
What parents need to know
Age range: 7 to 13 years old, but older children are welcome. Younger children can attend if accompanied by a parent.
Supervision: Our organisers can run the programme without parents or guardians present. Parents are welcome to accompany their children during the program and join in on activities. Depending on the number of children, we may ask that a few parents also attend.
Languages: English and Norwegian
Duration: The full program takes place over 10 days of our 12-day roundtrip Norwegian Coastal Express voyage. Each day features a different theme. Children are welcome to join whenever they want during their voyage of any length.
Booking: The programme is free of charge. You can sign up onboard. Availability varies per ship and is based on a minimum number of participants.