Cruises in Norway – Two ways to experience Norway’s coastline
Expedition Cruises in NorwayThe best local insider view of the Norwegian coast
Drawing on their Norwegian heritage, our experts have designed the ultimate expedition experiences, tailor-made to provide you the best of Norway.
You’ll visit selected highlights along the original route and see hidden gems not included by conventional cruise lines. There are seasonal excursions and included activities. Each landing provides you plenty of time to explore ashore.
- Visit a selection of ports, fjords and scenic areas handpicked by our Norway experts
- Cruise Norway in winter or summer - up to the Arctic Circle and beyond/to North Cape
- Full board, activities and lectures presented by our expert Expedition Team are included
- Expedition Teams enrich every part of your journey, sharing key insights both ashore and onboard in the Science Center
- Enjoy delicious meals in three onboard restaurants, made from locally sourced foods with fresh, authentic flavors
MS Trollfjord12 days Apr 29, 2021 - Sep 21, 2021
Norway & North Cape - Summer Along the Coastline
- Explore the ideal summer coastal route with the Norway experts
- Enjoy an epic concert in a cathedral-like cave, far out in the Atlantic Ocean
- Discover the amazing landscape of Vesterålen, Lofoten, and the North Cape
- Step back in time in the charming fishing villages of Lofoten, Lyngen, and Træna
MS Trollfjord12 days Jan 9, 2021 - Feb 11, 2022
Norway & North Cape - Magic of the Arctic Winter
- Take advantage of the very best chances of seeing the northern lights in the Norwegian Arctic
- Benefit from our 126 years of experience to see the hidden pearls and highlights of the Norwegian coast
- Discover the magical winter landscape of Lofoten
- Explore fascinating Tromsø, Ålesund, and the unforgettable North Cape
MS Trollfjord12 days Mar 5, 2021 - Apr 20, 2021
Norway & North Cape – On the Cusp of Spring
- Explore Norway’s famed coast during its most beautiful winter season
- Enjoy exciting winter activities in the Far North
- Visit fascinating coastal cities and snow-dusted remote villages
- Benefit from cruising with the true Norway experts
More Expedition Cruises in Norway
MS Spitsbergen13 days May 24, 2021
Faroe Islands, Iceland, Spitsbergen – Island Hopping In and Around the Arctic (Itinerary 1)
- Visit five wild and beautiful islands in and around the Arctic across four countries
- Destinations include Scotland, the Faroe Islands, Iceland, Jan Mayen, and Svalbard
- Sail in late spring to see lush green landscapes dotted with flowers in full bloom
- Explore habitats with a range of wildlife and famous for bird and whale-watching
The Original Coastal VoyageThe iconic backbone of cruising coastal Norway
This is the famous classic voyage that has connected 34 remote communities along Norway’s coastline for more than 125 years. We faithfully sail in all four seasons and provide vital services to the locals living there.
As our guest, you’ll travel aboard a national icon and be a part of Norway’s living history.
- Visit 34 ports ranging from quiet hamlets to busy big cities and see everyday life and coastal culture
- Cruise throughout the year with a wide range of seasonal optional excursions
- Sail from Bergen north to beyond the Arctic Circle and as far as the Russian border
- Enjoy a relaxed onboard atmosphere traveling alongside friendly locals on beloved ships
- Full board - Get a taste of Norway's culinary traditions with local produce and fresh ingredients from the local ports
12 days Daily departures
The Roundtrip Cruise
- Discover our entire original coastal route with 34 ports of call, sailing past more than 100 fjords and 1,000 mountains.
- Cross the Arctic Circle and hunt the northern lights in winter, or enjoy 24 hours of daylight under the midnight sun in summer.
- Spring and autumn cruises showcase the brilliant colors, magical light, and fascinating culture of Arctic Norway.
- Wide choice of optional excursions and onboard Hurtigruten guides who lead included activities and interpret the cultural and natural treasures on your cruise.
6 days Daily departures
The Cruise South
- Experience the natural wonders of Lofoten
- Explore the beautiful and exciting Norwegian coastline
- Search for the northern lights in winter, and the midnight sun in summer
- Join exciting sea- and land-based activities
7 days Daily departures
The Cruise North
- Discover countless fjords, mountains, islands, and waterfalls.
- Cross the Arctic Circle to hunt the northern lights in winter, and enjoy round-the-clock daylight under the midnight sun in summer.
- Enjoy interesting and exciting land and sea excursions.
- Learn from Hurtigruten guides as they lead lectures and activities both at sea and onshore.
More Norwegian Coastal Voyages
11 days Daily departures
Norwegian Discovery Cruise
- Cross the Arctic Circle under the Midnight Sun (summer) or Northern Lights (winter)
- Enjoy local and authentic Norwegian food from our renowned Coastal Kitchen
- Complete your journey in Trondheim, a bustling city boasting a rich culture and long history
- Stay active and adventurous by joining our exciting sea and land based excursions
12-days Sep 17, 2020 - Dec 6, 2020
- See the magical northern lights
- Guidance by an experienced astronomer who holds lectures
- Experience the beautiful Norwegian coastline
- Exclusive visit to the planetarium in Tromsø