Starting from Tromsø in the Arctic, search for the Northern Lights as you sail to North Cape and then to Dover in England, while exploring rarely-visited Norwegian islands along the way.
Your expedition cruise starts in the vibrant city of Tromsø. From here, we sail north to one of the northernmost points in Europe at the North Cape. Turning south, we dock in Alta, where you can join exciting winter activities and visit the impressive Northern Lights Cathedral.
Next, we arrive in Senja, rated one of the top ten most beautiful islands in the world for its diverse landscapes. With its impressive mountain range and snow-dusted red fishing huts (and maybe even the glorious Aurora above), the village of Reine in the Lofoten Islands is understandably one of the most photographed landscapes in all of Norway.
Enchanting mountains and hidden gems
Continuing south, we cruise the Helgeland coast, looking out for the Seven Sisters mountain range and the ‘Troll Hat’ mountain, with its eye-catching hole in the center. The ship then sails to the village of Loen, deep within the Nordfjord, not far from Jostedalsbreen – the largest glacier in Europe.
Then it’s off to the charming fishing village of Kalvåg, which few visitors ever see. Our final destination in Norway are the islands of Mosterøy and Klosterøy, homes to an old World War II fort and a medieval abbey. After an enjoyable winter expedition along the Norwegian coast, your journey ends in Dover, England.
Day 1Tromsø, Norway
Gateway to the Arctic
Day 2Honningsvåg, Norway
At Europe’s edge
Day 3-4Alta, Norway
The City of the Northern Lights
Day 5Senja, Norway
Microcosm of Norway
Day 6Reine, Norway
Idyllic island life
Day 7At sea
Scenic nature and mythical mountains
Day 8Loen, Norway
From the fjord to the mountaintop
Day 9Kalvåg, Norway
The hidden ‘Frozen Bay’
Day 10Mosterøy, Norway
Exploring Norwegian heritage
Day 11At sea
Headed for the U.K.
Day 12Dover, U.K.
The White Cliffs of England
Available Promotions on This Itinerary:
Northern Lights PromiseThe spectacular northern lights are the most famous reason to explore Norway in the winter. We know that no trip is quite complete without experiencing this highlight at least once on your journey. If the Northern Lights do not appear on your applicable Norway Expedition cruise, we will give you another Norway Expedition cruise FREE OF CHARGE. The promise is applicable on select voyages.See full offer details
Save up to 10% + $750 Air Credit ppFly Me To Alaska, Antarctica or Norway with Up to 10% Off + FREE FlightsBook Today
Included in Your Expedition
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune and Fredheim
- Fine-dining À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm is included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to fill at onboard water refill stations
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organize and guide activities, both on board and ashore
- Range of included activities
- Experts from the Expedition Team present detailed lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- The Citizen Science program allows guests to contribute to current scientific research
- The onboard professional photographer will give tips and tricks for taking the best landscape and wildlife photos
- The ship has hot tubs, a panoramic sauna, and outdoor and indoor gyms
- Participate in informal gatherings with the crew, such as daily recaps and the next day’s preparations
- Escorted landings with small boats (RIBs)
- Trekking poles and head lamps available, if necessary
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition photographers will help configure your camera settings before landings
Not Included In Your Expedition
- International flights
- Travel protection
- Baggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- Optional treatments in the onboard wellness and spa area
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please ensure you can meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities are expected
|Year of refurbishment||2021|
|Shipyard||Fosen Mek. Verk. (N)|
MS Maud is designed for maximum comfort, and equipped for sustainable and memorable expedition cruises.