Explore five of Norway’s most beautiful fjords on this springtime expedition cruise, sailing from Dover to the stunning Norwegian coast.
Norway’s ‘royal’ fjords
This springtime expedition cruise includes five of Norway’s most beautiful fjords. Discover why Sognefjord is nicknamed ‘King of the Fjords’ as we explore it and visit the charming village of Flåm. From there, your ship continues to Skjolden at the end of Sognefjord, passing snowcapped mountains and remote settlements along the way. You’ll then soak up the scenery of magnificent Geirangerfjord, a UNESCO-listed World Heritage site hailed as the ‘Crown Jewel’ of Norwegian fjords.
High peaks and lush valleys
In Nordfjord, you’ll see high peaks and glaciers, fertile valleys, and beautiful sandy beaches. We’ll anchor at Loen, where stunning views await at the top of Mount Hoven. Next, you’ll explore the wild, lush valleys of Hardangerfjord. This ‘Queen of the Fjords’ is home to some of the prettiest orchards in Norway. Finish your spectacular fjord adventure at Lysefjord and take in the iconic Pulpit Rock viewpoint before sailing back to Dover.
Spring is in the air
In spring, the sun returns to Norway’s skies, bringing longer, warmer days that awaken the flora and fauna from their winter slumber. Snow still covers the mountains, but as it thaws, the meltwater gushes down rock faces, creating beautiful waterfalls and adding a deep color to the rivers. The valleys are flanked by green pastures and blooming fruit trees, and idyllic fjord villages emerge from hibernation.
Day 1Dover, U.K.
Day 2-3At Sea
Northbound to the fjords of Norway
Day 4Flåm, Aurlandsfjord, Norway
Spectacular fjord landscape
Day 5Skjolden, Sognefjord, Norway
Idyllic fjord villages and a stave church
Day 6Geirangerfjord, Norway
Seven wonderful waterfalls
Day 7Loen, Nordfjord, Norway
A view from the top
Day 8Rosendal/Sunndal, Hardangerfjord, Norway
Spring is blooming in the fjords
Day 9Lysefjord, Norway
On a high at Pulpit Rock
Day 10At Sea
Rest, relax, and reflect
Day 11Dover, U.K.
Available Promotions on This Itinerary:
Save up to 5% + $1,000 Air CreditBook an expedition cruise aboard the world’s first hybrid electric-powered expedition ship or any of our other ships to destinations, and you’ll save up to 20% as well as receive up to a $1,000 air credit per person!See Special Offer
Kids Save up to 50%Young Explorers Save up to 50% offSee Special Offer
New SeasonLife changing experiences start here. Discover our new itineraries for 2023 and 2024.See Special Offer
Included in Your Expedition
- Expedition cruise in the cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune and Fredheim
- Fine-dining in À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm is included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to fill at onboard water refill stations
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organizes and guides activities, both on board and ashore
- Range of included activities
- Experts from the Expedition Team present detailed lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center, which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- The Citizen Science program allows guests to contribute to current scientific research
- The onboard professional photographer will give tips and tricks for taking the best landscape and wildlife photos
- The ship has hot tubs, a sauna, an outdoor and indoor gym, and an outdoor running track.
- Participate in informal gatherings with the crew, such as daily recaps and the next day’s preparations
- Trekking poles, head lamps, and walking poles are available, if necessary
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition photographers help you configure your camera settings
Not Included In Your Expedition
- International flights
- Travel protection
- Baggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please ensure you can meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities are expected
|Shipyard||Fosen Mek. Verk. (N)|
|Passenger capacity||528 (500 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||16,151 T|
Formerly the MS Midnatsol, the MS Maud is well-suited for expedition cruising.