Enjoy a fall adventure along the stunning Norwegian coast and down to Hamburg, learning about the vibrant history of this part of Northern Europe.
Beautiful landscapes and Norwegian fjords
Sailing south from Tromsø, we’ll witness the iconic beauty of the Lofoten Islands and visit the traditional fishing town of Svolvær. Savor this region’s special atmosphere as you learn about Viking history and bask in the glory of fall. More nature experiences await farther south. We aim to visit the unique holed mountain formation of Torghatten and explore the charming town of Brønnøysund.
Enjoy the fall hues, crisp air, and mountaintops dusted with fresh snow, as we explore Norway’s south coast. Learn more about glaciers, traditional farming, and life in the picture-perfect settlements deep in the fjords.
Historic cities and picturesque islands
A full day in Bergen gives you time to enjoy the compact city center or enjoy panoramic views after a trip up the Fløibanen funicular railway. Bergen is a picturesque city where you’ll see the old wharves in the UNESCO-protected Bryggen district. We’ll also call on the colorful wooden houses of Egursund.
After entering the North Sea, we’ll see the small German holiday island of Heligoland. Cars are prohibited here, so walkers rule. Finally, our cruise ends in Hamburg, sometimes called the ‘Venice of the North’, due to its canal system. Enjoy the many sights of the Germany’s second-largest city as the foliage in its many parks turns red and yellow.
An onboard Expedition Team will be with us on the cruise to give talks on the history, culture, and wildlife of the places we sail, among other topics. Pack your sense of adventure and expect the unexpected as we explore this alluring region aboard our comfortable and stylish ship, MS Spitsbergen.
Day 1Tromsø, Norway
Our adventure begins
Day 2Svolvær, Norway
Majestic beauty of the Lofoten Islands
Day 3Svartisen, Norway
Dark ice glacier
Day 4Torghatten, Norway
Hole of the mountain king
Day 5Åndalsnes, Norway
Stunning mountain scenery
Day 6Fjærland, Norway
The longest fjord in Norway
Day 7Bergen, Norway
Charm prevails in Norway’s former capital
Day 8Eidfjord, Norway
Day 9Egersund, Norway
Picturesque town with wooden houses
Day 10Heligoland, Germany
A tranquil oasis of calm
Day 11Hamburg, Germany
Last stop, the ‘Venice of the North’
Available Promotions on This Itinerary:
Save up to 15% + $500 Air CreditBook an expedition cruise aboard the world’s first hybrid electric-powered expedition ship or any of our other ships to destinations, and you’ll save up to 20% as well as receive up to a $1,000 air credit per person!See Special Offer
Book with confidenceOur popular Book with Confidence policy is back, giving you the peace of mind you want for your next adventure exploring the world with us.The benefits of the policy apply to any new bookings made between 16 February 2022 and 30 June 2022, for expedition cruises departing on or before 31 December 2022.See Special Offer
Kids Save up to 50%Young Explorers Save up to 50% offSee Special Offer
Included in Your Expedition
- Expedition cruise in the cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in the restaurant
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to fill at onboard water refill stations
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organize and guide activities, both on board and ashore
- Range of included activities
- Experts from the Expedition Team present detailed lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center, which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- The Citizen Science program allows guests to contribute to current scientific research
- The onboard professional photographer will give tips and tricks for taking the best landscape and wildlife photos
- The ship has hot tubs, a sauna with a view, and an indoor gym
- Participate in informal gatherings with the crew, such as daily recaps and the next day’s preparations
- Escorted landings with small boats (RIBs)
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition photographers help configure your camera settings
Not Included In Your Expedition
- Air travel
- Travel protection
- Baggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- All planned activities are subject to weather conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please ensure you can meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities are expected
|Year of refurbishment||2016|
|Shipyard||Estaleiro Navais de Viana do Castelo (POR)|
MS Spitsbergen will take you on a cruise beyond the ordinary. She cruises along the Norwegian coast from September to May and becomes part of our Global Expedition sailings the rest of the year.