Explore five of Norway’s most beautiful fjords on this fall expedition cruise, sailing from Dover to the stunning Norwegian coast.
Norway’s ‘royal’ fjords
This expedition cruise includes five of Norway’s most beautiful fjords in fall. Discover why Sognefjord is nicknamed ‘King of the Fjords’ as we explore it and visit the charming village of Flåm. From there, your ship continues to Skjolden at the end of Sognefjord, passing beautiful mountain scenery and remote settlements along the way. You’ll then soak up the scenery of magnificent Geirangerfjord, a UNESCO-listed World Heritage site hailed as the ‘Crown Jewel’ of Norwegian fjords.
High peaks and lush valleys
In Nordfjord, you’ll see high peaks and glaciers, fertile valleys, and beautiful sandy beaches. We’ll anchor at Loen, where stunning views await at the top of Mount Hoven. Next, you’ll explore the wild, lush valleys of Hardangerfjord. This ‘Queen of the Fjords’ is home to some of the prettiest apple orchards in Norway. Finish your spectacular fjord adventure at Lysefjord and take in the iconic Pulpit Rock viewpoint before sailing back to Dover.
Beautiful fall colors
Norway is awash in color in the fall months. The mountainsides, hilltops, and woods are covered in swathes of red, yellow, and orange, sharpened by the crisp, clear air. Fall is also when locals preserve the best seasonal produce for the long winter months ahead. Nature’s pantry is full of delicacies ready for harvesting, and our onboard menu, activities, and excursions reflect this.
Day 1Dover, U.K.
Day 2-3At Sea
Northbound to the fjords of Norway
Day 4Flåm, Aurlandsfjord, Norway
Spectacular fjord landscape
Day 5Skjolden, Sognefjord, Norway
Idyllic fjord villages and a stave church
Day 6Geirangerfjord, Norway
Seven wonderful waterfalls
Day 7Loen, Nordfjord, Norway
A view from the top
Day 8Rosendal/Sunndal, Hardangerfjord, Norway
Norway’s ‘Champagne Capital’
Day 9Lysefjord, Norway
On a high at Pulpit Rock
Day 10At sea
Rest, relax, and reflect during your North Sea crossing.
Day 11Dover, U.K.
Available Promotions on This Itinerary:
Save up to 10% + $1,000 Air CreditBook an expedition cruise aboard the world’s first hybrid electric-powered expedition ship or any of our other ships to destinations, and you’ll save up to 20% as well as receive up to a $1,000 air credit per person!See Special Offer
Kids Save up to 50%Young Explorers Save up to 50% offSee Special Offer
New SeasonLife changing experiences start here. Discover our new itineraries for 2023 and 2024.See Special Offer
Included in Your Expedition
- Expedition cruise in the cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune and Fredheim
- Fine-dining in À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm is included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to fill at onboard water refill stations
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organizes and guides activities, both on board and ashore
- Range of included activities
- Experts from the Expedition Team present detailed lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center, which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- The Citizen Science program allows guests to contribute to current scientific research
- The onboard professional photographer will give tips and tricks for taking the best landscape and wildlife photos
- The ship has hot tubs, a sauna with a view, and an indoor gym
- Participate in informal gatherings with the crew, such as daily recaps and the next day’s preparations
- Trekking poles, head lamps, and walking poles are available, if necessary
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition photographers help you configure your camera settings
Not Included In Your Expedition
- International flights
- Travel protection
- Baggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please ensure you can meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities are expected
|Shipyard||Fosen Mek. Verk. (N)|
|Passenger capacity||528 (500 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||16,151 T|
Formerly the MS Midnatsol, the MS Maud is well-suited for expedition cruising.