Add some Norwegian magic to your Christmas and New Year with an expedition cruise along Norway’s beautiful coast, bringing together yuletide traditions and the spectacular Northern Lights in one unique experience.
It’s beginning to look a lot like…
Starting from Dover, enjoy a unique Christmas experience on our comfortable expedition ship as we sail to Norway. We’ll celebrate Christmas at sea and reach the wild and spectacular Nordfjord on Boxing Day (December 26), where you can explore the picture-perfect village of Loen. Next, in the stunning Lofoten islands, you’ll visit one of the best-preserved traditional fishing villages in Norway.
Then we sail to Alta, situated at 70°N. It’s one of the northernmost towns in the world and one of the best places to see the Northern Lights. In the Arctic capital of Tromsø, you’ll learn about its polar history and have the chance to go on exciting excursions.
Start the New Year with adventure
Basking in the light of the Polar Night, we continue north to Narvik to see in the new year in style. As our special New Year’s party reaches its climax and the clock counts down to midnight, you’ll welcome in 2024 like you never have before.
We’ll head off the beaten track exploring some of mid-Norway's islands and fjords for two magical days. This is expedition style! Round off your journey exploring Bergen’s UNESCO-listed Bryggen district and the charming Egersund before ending your expedition cruise back where it all began, in Dover.
Setting off from the White Cliffs
Day 2-3At sea
Norway bound - God Jul to all!
Day 4Outside Loen
From the fjord to the mountaintop
Day 5At sea
Cruising the coastal inner route towards the Arctic
Idyllic island life
On the lookout for the Northern Lights
Gateway to the Arctic
Sailing into a new year
Day 10-11At sea
The City of Seven Mountains
Day 14At sea
Refreshed and ready for the new year
Available Promotions on This Itinerary:
Save up to 10% + $1,000 Air CreditBook an expedition cruise aboard the world’s first hybrid electric-powered expedition ship or any of our other ships to destinations, and you’ll save up to 20% as well as receive up to a $1,000 air credit per person!See Special Offer
Kids Save up to 50%Young Explorers Save up to 50% offSee Special Offer
New SeasonLife changing experiences start here. Discover our new itineraries for 2023 and 2024.See Special Offer
Included in Your Expedition
- Expedition cruise in the cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune and Fredheim
- Fine-dining in À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm is included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to fill at onboard water refill stations
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organizes and guides activities, both on board and ashore
- Range of included activities
- Experts from the Expedition Team present detailed lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center, which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- The Citizen Science program allows guests to contribute to current scientific research
- The onboard professional photographer will give tips and tricks for taking the best landscape and wildlife photos
- The ship has hot tubs, a sauna with a view, and an indoor gym
- Participate in informal gatherings with the crew, such as daily recaps and the next day’s preparations
- Escorted landings with small boats (RIBs)
- Trekking poles, head lamps, and walking poles are available, if necessary
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition photographers help you configure your camera settings
Not Included In Your Expedition
- International flights
- Travel protection
- Baggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please ensure you can meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities are expected
|Shipyard||Fosen Mek. Verk. (N)|
|Passenger capacity||528 (500 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||16,151 T|
Formerly the MS Midnatsol, the MS Maud is well-suited for expedition cruising.