Explore North America’s West coast, sailing from Vancouver to San Diego. Watch for whales around the San Juan Islands, walk the subalpine Hurricane Ridge in Olympic National Park, explore Redwood National Park, and admire some of the oldest trees in the world. See marine life on the Californian coast and enjoy the warm charm of Santa Barbara.
Olympic National Park and Vancouver
Embark hybrid electric–powered MS Fridtjof Nansen in Vancouver and explore Hurricane Ridge, the sub-alpine region of Olympic National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Go on a guided hike through the park to spot some of its rich flora and birdlife.
Redwood National Park, Eureka, and the San Juan Islands
You’ll have the opportunity to stroll through the seaport city of Eureka and enjoy its splendid Victorian architecture. Then do some whale-watching around the spectacular San Juan Islands, near Olympic National Park. Prepare to be amazed as you enter the old-growth forest of Redwood National Park. These are some of the tallest trees in the world, in some cases over 325 feet tall and about 1,500 years old.
Then, we’ll set course for Santa Barbara. This city has a distinctly Mediterranean feel to it, from the terra cotta–tiled architecture to its inviting beaches. Look out for whales and seabirds as we sail past the Channel Islands along our way down the Pacific coast.
Day 1Vancouver, Canada
Day 2Sea Day
Views of the Pacific Northwest
Day 3Olympic National Park, U.S.
Day 4At Sea
Scanning for sea life
Day 5Redwood National Park
Walk among ancient giants
Day 6Sea Day
Day 7Santa Barbara, U.S.
The American Riviera
Day 8San Diego, U.S.
The start of an adventure
Available Promotions on This Itinerary:
Save up to 15% + $500 Air CreditBook an expedition cruise aboard the world’s first hybrid electric-powered expedition ship or any of our other ships to destinations, and you’ll save up to 20% as well as receive up to a $1,000 air credit per person!See Special Offer
Kids Save up to 50%Young Explorers Save up to 50% offSee Special Offer
New SeasonLife changing experiences start here. Discover our new itineraries for 2023 and 2024.See Special Offer
Included in Your Expedition
- Expedition cruise in the cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune and Fredheim
- Fine-dining in À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm is included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to fill at onboard water refill stations
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organizes and guides activities, both on board and ashore
- Range of included activities
- Experts from the Expedition Team present detailed lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center, which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- The Citizen Science program allows guests to contribute to current scientific research projects
- The onboard professional photographer will give tips and tricks for taking the best landscape and wildlife photos
- The ship has hot tubs, an infinity pool, a sauna, an outdoor and indoor gym, and an outdoor running track
- Participate in informal gatherings with the crew, such as daily recaps and the next day’s preparations
- Loan of trekking poles and all equipment needed for the activities
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition photographers help you configure your camera settings
Not Included In Your Expedition
- International flights
- Travel protection
- Baggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- Optional treatments in the onboard wellness and spa area
- All planned activities are subject to weather conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please ensure you can meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities are expected
MS Fridtjof Nansen
|Shipyard||Kleven Yards, Norway|
|Passenger capacity||528 (500 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||20,889 T|
MS Fridtjof Nansen is a next-generation expedition ship, just the latest in Hurtigruten’s fleet of custom built ships. She explores some of the most spectacular corners of the globe.