Northeast US & Atlantic Canada – Fall Foliage Discovery (MS Roald Amundsen)
- Discover New England in fall colors
- Experience the small-town charm of Nova Scotia and Maine
- Enjoy walking and hiking opportunities
- Sail into New York harbor past the Statue of Liberty
The native Mi'kmaq people have been in the Halifax area for millennia, while modern Halifax was founded in 1749 by the British. Today, it offers rich culture and places of great natural beauty, such as Peggy’s Cove. Spend some time exploring before embarking on MS Roald Amundsen.
A lovely historic town built on shipbuilding and trade, Yarmouth features fine Victorian homes, museums, churches, wharfs and other hidden gems. Explore the town, meet the friendly locals and sample some of the freshest seafood in the world. The area around the Cape Forchu lighthouse offers stunning seaside walking trails.
IncludedYarmouth Walking TourEnjoy a leisurely exploration of this historic town on your own time to enjoy the day as you please.
Yarmouth - Tusket IslandWhat’s better than a day at sea en route to one of the quaintest inhabited islands in southern Nova Scotia?
Yarmouth - Traditions of AcadiaJoin us on a half-day adventure that takes you to the seaside town of Pubnico, where you will experience L’Acadie, the historic Acadian village in Nova Scotia.
We sail into the historic waterfront of cozy Eastport on Moose Island. The native Passamaquoddy tribe has called the area home for millenia. In 1833, Eastport became the second-largest trading port, after New York. Stroll the town or join us for an optional hike or day on the water here.
There is a special mystique to Bar Harbor. Surrounded by the stunning Acadia National Park, sparkling with fall colors and perched on the edge of the sea, this little community offers tons of charm. Bar Harbor is the artistic, culinary, and social center in this lovely part of New England.
IncludedBar Harbor - Gilded Age Walking tourOn this exciting walking tour, you'll travel back to the 19th century, when Bar Harbor was the world's most exclusive resort.
Bar Harbor – Lulu Lobster Boat RideStep aboard an authentic lobster boat and ply the calm waters of Frenchman Bay to experience Maine’s timeless tradition of commercial lobstering first-hand.
Acadia National ParkPass through the quaint town of Bar Harbor on your way to Acadia National Park and enjoy the views along Park Loop Road.
Next, we visit Rockland, a beautiful coastal town situated alongside Penobscot Bay. Rockland is known for its lobster-fishing industry and deep harbor, dotted with hundreds of inlets and coves. Downtown Rockland features historic homes and charming shops as well as a fine art museum and the famed Wyeth Center.
IncludedRockland - Breakwater lighthouse with nature walkShuttle to Breakwater - Rockland Harbor Breakwater Light is a historic lighthouse complex at the end of the Rockland Breakwater in the harbor of Rockland, Maine.
Rockland – Birdwatching in the WetlandsThe perfect tour for birders, we explore three different habitats in the Rockland area in search of birdlife.
Rockland - Camden Historical Walking Tour and Lobster BoatEnjoy a historical walking tour of fascinating Camden followed by a harbour cruise in a traditional lobster fishing boat.
Camden Hills State Park – Hike Bald Rock MountainEnjoy this moderately challenging hike in Camden Hills State Park, Maine, where you can enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding area and connect with nature on the north-east coast of North America.
Rockland Harbor Kayak TourThis is an excellent tour for beginners to get a feel for what sea kayaking is all about.
Colorful Provincetown is situated on the extreme tip of Cape Cod peninsula and surrounded by beaches. In 1620, the pilgrims aboard the Mayflower set anchor in what is today Provincetown Harbor. Its historic maritime character and art scene attracts visitors all year round.
IncludedTrolley Tour of ProvincetownExplore the sights and sounds of Provincetown from the comfort of the Mayflower trolley
Newport is considered a jewel in the coastal crown of New England. It is home to spectacular coastal scenery, awe-inspiring architecture, a thriving waterfront and welcoming hospitality. Discover Newport’s downtown and walk along iconic Ocean Drive, discover colonial architecture or explore the tunnels at Fort Adams – America’s largest coastal fortification.
IncludedNewport - Cliff WalkExperience New England’s rocky shore and crashing surf on one side and Newport’s most extravagant mansions on the other
Newport – City Drive and the BreakersEnjoy a city tour of Newport and visit The Breakers, the iconic and grand Vanderbilt family summer home.
Newport – Rose Island Lighthouse & Harbour CruiseEnjoy a scenic Newport harbour cruise to nearby Rose Island. Explore the fully restored lighthouse and see remains of 200-year old Fort Hamilton - now an important wildlife sanctuary.
Newport – Newport Scenic & Fort AdamsEnjoy a scenic tour of Newport, visiting many historical sites including a stop at Fort Adams.
Early in the morning, we sail into Manhattan, passing by the iconic Statue of Liberty. Enjoy the skyline of this legendary metropolis, before it is time to say farewell. We recommend staying a few days in the city that never sleeps to get even more out your vacation.
Included in Your Expedition
- Hurtigruten expedition cruise in the cabin grade of your choice
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR AN ADVENTURE
- A rich program of included activities on all cruises designed to immerse you in the destinations you visit, including onshore exploration with the expedition team
- Professional English-speaking expedition team - an international handpicked team of highly educated experts of various academic fields with profound knowledge of the region we sail in
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant jacket
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and equipment needed for optional and included activities
ENGAGING ONBOARD ACTIVITIES AND EDUCATION
- In-depth lectures on science, history, biology, geography, geology or culture that provide context to your voyage and help you understand the destinations you will experience
- Explorer Science program, with educational and Citizen Science activities that let you learn about the sights you’ll see while contributing to research
- Introductory photo lecture, including camera adjustments and tips and tricks
- Photos and film/video footage from the voyage shared in the Expedition Logbook
- Casual opportunities to engage with the expedition team and other guests, including a welcome event, daily gatherings to recap the day and prepare for the day to come
- Opportunities to dine and interact with the expedition team and officers
- Destination-focused onboard library
- Port presentations providing destination insight
- A farewell event
PREMIUM ONBOARD COMFORT
- All meals including beverages (beer and wine, sodas and mineral water in all ship restaurants)
- Coffee and tea included throughout the day
- Early riser and afternoon treat offered in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Fredheim restaurant meals included
- A la carte restaurant (only for suite guests)
- Gym, outdoor hot tubs and sauna with windows
- Rejuvenating wellness areas with separate treatment rooms, infinity pool, outdoor gym, running track
- Free Wi-fi onboard for all guests. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- No gratuities expected
Not Included In Your Expedition
- International flights
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Travel protection plan
- Luggage handling
- Visa for USA (ESTA) and Canada (ETA) - for details please see Visa information in Entry Requirements
MS Roald Amundsen
|Passenger capacity||530 (500 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||20 889 T|
In 2019, Hurtigruten added a brand new ship to its fleet: the MS Roald Amundsen. The state of the art vessel features new and environmentally sustainable hybrid technology that will reduce fuel consumption and show the world that hybrid propulsion on large ships is possible.
Some expedition cruises may include excursions that can be reserved for no additional charge. These included excursions can often be combined with other excursions available in port.
Please note excursions are subject to change and are not yet available for booking for departures after March 2021.
Yarmouth - Yarmouth Walking Tour
Yarmouth - Tusket Island
Yarmouth - Traditions of Acadia
Bar Harbor - Gilded Age Walking tour
Bar Harbor – Lulu Lobster Boat Ride
Bar Harbor - Acadia National Park
Rockland - Breakwater lighthouse with nature walk
Rockland – Birdwatching in the Wetlands
Rockland - Camden Historical Walking Tour and Lobster Boat
Rockland – Camden Hills State Park
Rockland Harbor Kayak Tour
Provincetown - Trolley Tour of Provincetown
Newport - Cliff Walk
Newport – City Drive and the Breakers
Newport – Rose Island Lighthouse & Harbour Cruise
Newport – Newport Scenic & Fort Adams
Extend Your Cruise
Get more out of your journey by adding a Pre- or Post-Program before or after your expedition cruise.
Pre-cruise Land Adventure: Halifax
New York: Post-Programme
Sailing with MS Roald Amundsen
- Practical Information for Expedition Cruises On Board MS Roald Amundsen
- Meet Our Expedition Team
- Young Explorers’ Program: Bring your kids on board