Our voyage starts in Miami´s colorful neighborhoods that range from South Beach to Little Havana. The architecture here includes the greatest collection of Art Deco buildings in the world. Before embarking on MS Fram, enjoy an overnight in this vibrant city to sample the tropical gardens, lively arts scene, and exceptional cuisine.
The Expedition Team will begin their lecture program, covering a wide range of topics. The onboard photographer will also run small workshops teaching you the basics of expedition photography. Or, you can use the time just to relax and chat with your fellow explorers.
Charleston is considered one of America’s greatest historic treasures. With cobblestone streets, an elegant French Quarter, the magnificent Battery promenade, and Waterfront Park, the city is an ideal size for strolling on foot or seeing from a horse-drawn carriage. Explore the city’s historic sites at your leisure or join one of our optional excursions.
IncludedCharleston - Beach CleanupJoin the effort to rid the oceans of plastic on our beach clean-ups.
Boone Plantation & Historic CharlestonJourney to historic Boone Hall Plantation, used in the filming of the television miniseries, "North And South" and "Queen" and for background filming in "Gone With the Wind".
Charleston – Delightful Upper King Street Culinary TourThis excursion provides insight into Charleston's historic Upper King Street neighbourhood, recently named one of the top 10 food neighbourhoods in America.
Charleston – Fossil HuntingLook for and find fossils while exploring Morris Island in search of the prehistoric past.
Charleston – Historic Walking TourExperience the history of Charleston during this two-hour walking tour that takes you deep into the heart of Charleston.
A day at sea means you can join the lectures presented by the Expedition Team or spend time on deck or in the panorama lounge with fellow travelers. Enjoy a refreshing workout in our well-equipped fitness room with a panoramic ocean view or let your muscles relax in one of the outdoor hot tubs.
We sail into Manhattan, passing the Statue of Liberty. MS Fram will dock in New York overnight while you get a taste of the Big Apple. Marvel at the skyline, stroll through beautiful Central Park in full spring bloom, see one of the many Broadway shows, gaze at the city lights from atop the Empire State Building, or visit famed Times Square. New York has so much to offer it’s impossible to fit everything in in just two days, but it’s certainly great fun to try. Explore the city on your own or on one of our optional excursions.
Evening Sights of NYEnjoy breathtaking views of the Manhattan Skyline at night and fascinating insight into the history of the most famous suspension bridge in the world during this guided walking adventure.
IncludedNew York - Manhattan ShuttleThis transfer will run continuously back and forth from the ship to Times Square.
Live like a New YorkerYour Tour Guide will meet you at the Pier and escort you on foot to the closest Subway station in Midtown Manhattan. While using the NY subway may seem confusing to first-timers, it's actually quite simple once you get the hang of it.
New York - Icons of the Big AppleVisit and see New York's top attractions in this full day excursion.
Amazing Heli Experience over NYThe most exciting way to see New York from above! Join us for this 16 minute flight, we can guarantee that the memories will last a lifetime!
Visitors are drawn to this colorful town for the beautiful beaches, restaurants, and charming shops. Artists began frequenting Provincetown a century ago and it is one of the oldest continuous art colonies in the country. Nearby Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary attracts 17 species of whale, including humpbacks and rare North Atlantic right whales.
Welcome to this historic town at the intersection of traditional Anglo-Scottish and Acadian French cultures. Situated in the world's largest lobster fishing grounds, Yarmouth boasts the largest fishing fleet in Atlantic Canada. View the grand sea captain homes built in 1850´s or enjoy the picturesque views and hiking trails at the Cape Forchu Lighthouse.
Your journey ends in Halifax, which features red-brick heritage buildings, parks, the landmark Citadel Hill National Historic Site, top-quality museums, Alexander Keith’s original 1820 brewery, and a 2-mile seafront boardwalk. We definitely recommend spending an extra day or two here on a Post-program before you head back home.
Included in Your Expedition
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurant Aune
- À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organize and accompany activities on board and ashore
- Range of included excursions
- Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center, which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- Citizen Science program allows guests to assist with current scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives top tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs, sauna, indoor gym
- Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
- Escorted landings with small explorer boats
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and all equipment for activities
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition photographers help with your camera settings before landings
Not Included In Your Expedition
- International flights
- Travel protection
- Luggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- All planned activities are subject to weather conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please ensure you meet all visa entry requirements
- No gratuities expected
|Year of refurbishment||2020|
|Passenger capacity||318 (200 in Antarctica)|
|Length||114 m / 374 ft|
|Beam||20.2 m / 66 ft|
The original Fram was the most famous explorer ship of its time, and the achievements of her expeditions are unparalleled. MS Fram honors the heritage of the original Fram, using the most advanced technology and making her exceptionally well suited for expedition voyages in polar regions.
Some expedition cruises include excursions that can be reserved for no additional charge. These included excursions can often be combined with other excursions available in port.
Please note excursions are subject to change and are not yet available for booking for departures after March 2021.
Charleston - Beach Cleanup
Charleston - Boone Plantation & Historic Charleston
Charleston – Delightful Upper King Street Culinary Tour
Charleston – Fossil Hunting
Charleston – Historic Walking Tour
New York - Evening Sights of NY
New York - Manhattan Shuttle
New York - Live like a New Yorker
New York - Icons of the Big Apple
New York - Amazing Heli Experience over NY
Extend Your Cruise
Get more out of your journey by adding a Pre- or Post-Program before or after your expedition cruise.