Sail from Iceland to Greenland’s remote eastern coast. Experience the grandeur of the world’s largest wilderness fjord system.
Greenland’s majestic fjords
From Reykjavík, we sail across the Denmark Strait to the spectacular east coast of Greenland. Our destination is Scoresbysund, an immense system of fjords and glaciers that expands over 24,000 square miles. You’ll spend the next nine days exploring this vast, pristine region.
Dark, placid waters reflect mountains soaring around us as we search for whales and other marine wildlife, including seals, which can sometimes be spotted loafing on ice floes. Look out for bird life, including Brünnich’s Guillemots, Snowy Owls, and Greenlandic Gyrfalcons.
Scoresbysund is uninhabited, apart from the settlement of Ittoqqortoormiit. With a population of fewer than 500, it’s one of the most remote settlements on the planet. Get an insight into the lives of Ittoqqortoormiit’s brave residents and discover the history of this tiny settlement.
Wilderness that’s perfect for adventure
Your expedition cruise comes with a host of activities, both included and optional, to immerse yourself in the environment. We’ll make the most of current conditions, ensuring we can pack in as many shore landings, nature walks, kayaking tours, and wildlife sightings as possible. Onboard lectures by our knowledgeable Expedition Team will further enhance your experience.
Day 1Reykjavík, Iceland
Capital of Iceland
Day 2At sea
Crossing the Denmark Strait
Day 3-11Scoresbysund fjord system
Largest fjord system on Earth
Day 12Denmark Strait
Heading back to Iceland
End of the expedition
Available Promotions on This Itinerary:
Save up to 15% + $500 Air CreditBook an expedition cruise aboard the world’s first hybrid electric-powered expedition ship or any of our other ships to destinations, and you’ll save up to 20% as well as receive up to a $1,000 air credit per person!See Special Offer
Kids Save up to 50%Young Explorers Save up to 50% offSee Special Offer
Included in Your Expedition
- Expedition cruise in the cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurant Aune
- Fine-dining À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm is included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to fill at onboard water refill stations
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organize and guide activities, both on board and ashore
- Range of included excursions
- Experts from the Expedition Team present detailed lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center, which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- The Citizen Science program allows guests to contribute to current scientific research projects
- The onboard professional photographer will give tips and tricks for taking the best landscape and wildlife photos
- The ship has hot tubs, a sauna, and an indoor gym
- Participate in informal gatherings with the crew, such as daily recaps and the next day’s preparations
- Escorted landings with small boats (RIBs)
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and all equipment needed for the activities
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition photographers will help configure your camera settings before landings
Not Included In Your Expedition
- International flights
- Travel protection
- Baggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please ensure you can meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities are expected
|Year of refurbishment||2022|
|Passenger capacity||250 (200 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||11,647 T|
The original Fram was the most famous explorer ship of its time and the achievements of her expeditions are unparalleled. The advanced technology on the MS Fram, in the spirit of the famous original, makes her exceptionally well suited for expedition cruises in polar regions.