Cruise from Iceland to Greenland’s remote east coast. Experience the wildlife and grandeur of the world’s largest national park and wilderness fjord system.
The majesty of eastern Greenland
From Reykjavík, we sail across the Denmark Strait to the spectacular east coast of Greenland. Our first destination is Scoresbysund, an immense system of fjords and glaciers that expands over 24,000 square miles. We’ll spend the next four days exploring this vast pristine region.
Dark, placid waters reflect mountains soaring around us as we search for whales and other marine wildlife, including seals, which can sometimes be spotted loafing on ice floes. Look out for bird life, including Brünnich’s Guillemots, Snowy Owls, and Greenlandic Gyrfalcons.
The largest national park in the world
Next, we explore the Northeast Greenland National Park, an International Biosphere Reserve. Visitor numbers are limited in this 375,000 square mile wilderness region. Hurtigruten’s expertise and experience means you’ll be one of the lucky few to experience this Arctic paradise.
In the absence of people, wildlife abounds in this peaceful haven. You might see Arctic hares, musk oxen, and even a polar bear. The waters are filled with sparkling white-blue icebergs, and you’ll have the opportunity to experience nature up close on guided walks and kayak trips. This expedition cruise to one of the most remote places on the planet will be an unforgettable experience.
Day 1Reykjavík, Iceland
Capital of Iceland
Day 2At sea
Crossing the Denmark Strait
Day 3-7Scoresbysund fjord
Largest Fjord on Earth
Day 8-11Northeast Greenland National Park
The largest national park in the world
Day 12Irminger Sea
Heading back to Iceland
The stylish capital of Iceland
Available Promotions on This Itinerary:
Come Together—Save up to $ 1,500The moment you choose your destination, a grand adventure begins. It’s finally time to come together; grab your family and friends and set sail on an expedition cruise. Wherever you choose, there are memories to be made.See Special Offer
Kids Save up to 50%Young Explorers Save up to 50% offSee Special Offer
Included in Your Expedition
- Expedition cruise in the cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurant Aune
- Fine-dining À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm is included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to fill at onboard water refill stations
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organize and guide activities, both on board and ashore
- Range of included excursions
- Experts from the Expedition Team present detailed lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- The Citizen Science program allows guests to contribute to current scientific research projects
- The onboard professional photographer will give tips and tricks for taking the best landscape and wildlife photos
- The ship has hot tubs, a sauna, and an indoor gym
- Participate in informal gatherings with the crew, such as daily recaps and the next day’s preparations
- Escorted landings with small boats (RIBs)
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and all equipment needed for the activities
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition photographers will help configure your camera settings before landings
Not Included In Your Expedition
- International flights
- Travel protection
- Baggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please ensure you can meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities are expected
MS Fridtjof Nansen
|Shipyard||Kleven Yards, Norway|
|Passenger capacity||528 (500 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||20 889 T|
|Length||140 m / 459 ft|
|Beam||23.6 m / 77 ft|
MS Fridtjof Nansen is the latest addition to Hurtigruten’s fleet of custom-built ships – and represents the next generation of expedition ships. She will explore some of the most spectacular corners of the globe.