Join us on a grand expedition cruise from the Arctic to Antarctica as we set out on a once-in-a-lifetime experience between the polar regions. Your basecamp at sea will be the comfortable and stylish MS Fridtjof Nansen, our state-of-the-art hybrid-electric powered expedition ship.
From pole to pole on an epic expedition of discovery
You’ll begin your 93-day expedition cruise in Reykjavik and sail across the Denmark Strait to Greenland. Then, you navigate the fabled Northwest Passage to the Canadian Arctic and Alaska. We’ll land at sites linked to early exploration history, visit Inuit communities and look out for Arctic wildlife, including seabirds, seals, whales, and polar bears.
We then turn south and cruise along the western seaboard of the United States. On landings and shore excursions, explore the national parks of the Pacific coast before taking in the warm seas and vibrant cultures of Mexico and Central America. In South America, visit ancient sites in Ecuador, Peru, and Chile before witnessing the ethereal splendor of the Chilean fjords and Patagonia. End your expedition in otherworldly style by spending four days in the pristine beauty of Antarctica before returning to Ushuaia in Argentina.
Culture, nature, and learning
On this grand expedition cruise, experience the fantastic diversity of cultures and ecology in the Americas and Antarctica. Your hand-picked Expedition Team will guide and inspire you, making your cruise an adventure to remember forever.
Day 1Reykjavík, Iceland
The world’s northernmost capital
Day 2-8At Sea
Western Greenland and the Davis Strait
Day 9-25The Northwest Passage
All the way through the Northwest Passage
Day 26-42Nome, Alaska to Vancouver
Alaska and British Columbia - Inside Passage, Bears, and Aleutian Islands
Day 43-49Vancouver to San Diego
Highlights and National Parks of the Pacific
Day 50-61San Diego to Puntarenas
Explore the nature and culture of North and Central America’s Pacific coastline.
Day 62-76Puntarenas to Valparaiso
Diverse Cultures and national parks of Latin America
Cruising toward the Antarctic
The most remote and beautiful place on Earth
Day 91-93Ushuaia/Buenos Aires
To the bottom of the world and back again.
Available Promotions on This Itinerary:
Save up to 15% + $1,000 Air CreditBook an expedition cruise aboard the world’s first hybrid electric-powered expedition ship or any of our other ships to destinations, and you’ll save up to 20% as well as receive up to a $1,000 air credit per person!See Special Offer
Kids Save up to 50%Young Explorers Save up to 50% offSee Special Offer
New SeasonLife changing experiences start here. Discover our new itineraries for 2023 and 2024.See Special Offer
Included in Your Expedition
- Transfer from the ship to the Ushuaia airport after the expedition cruise
- Flight in economy class from Ushuaia to Buenos Aires
- Expedition cruise in the cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune and Fredheim
- Fine-dining in À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm is included for suite guests
- Laundry service
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to fill at onboard water refill stations
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organizes and guides activities, both on board and ashore
- Range of included activities
- Experts from the Expedition Team present detailed lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center, which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- The Citizen Science program, which allows guests to contribute to current scientific research projects
- The onboard professional photographer will give tips and tricks for taking the best landscape and wildlife photos
- The ship has hot tubs, an infinity pool, a sauna, outdoor and indoor gyms, and an outdoor running track
- Participate in informal gatherings with the crew, such as daily recaps and the next day’s preparations
- Escorted landings with small boats (RIBs)
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and all equipment needed for the activities
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition photographers help you configure your camera settings
Not Included In Your Expedition
- International flights
- Travel protection
- Baggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- Optional treatments in the onboard wellness and spa area
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please ensure you can meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities are expected
MS Fridtjof Nansen
|Shipyard||Kleven Yards, Norway|
|Passenger capacity||528 (500 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||20,889 T|
MS Fridtjof Nansen is a next-generation expedition ship, just the latest in Hurtigruten’s fleet of custom built ships. She explores some of the most spectacular corners of the globe.