Embark on an epic expedition cruise to explore the majestic and wild landscapes of Iceland and Greenland’s east coast—two northern lands straight out of the sagas.
Circumnavigate Iceland, the land of fire and ice.
Reykjavik is your starting point to explore the so-called land of ice and fire. Journeying north, you’ll begin your circumnavigation of Iceland’s stunning coast in the picture-perfect fishing villages of Stykkishólmur and Patreksfjörður. Afterwards, discover Akureyri, ‘Iceland’s Northern Capital’.
Cross the Arctic Circle to the windswept and isolated island of Grimsey, then sail to Bakkagerdi, home to breathtaking mountain views and (legend has it) numerous elves. Finally, explore ‘Iceland’s Pompeii’, Heimaey, before completing your circular journey in Reykjavik.
Witness the majesty of Greenland’s pristine wilderness
From Reykjavík, we sail across the Denmark Strait to the wild and spectacular east coast of Greenland. Our destination is Scoresbysund, the world’s largest fjord system, spanning over 14,000 square miles. Under the expert guidance of our Expedition Team, you’ll take an intimate look at this precious ecosystem through landings, nature walks, and kayaking tours.
Wildlife abounds in this peaceful wilderness. Watch for whales and other marine wildlife as we glide through dark, placid waters at the feet of soaring mountains. Birding enthusiasts should look out for species that include Brünnich’s guillemots, snowy owls and Greenlandic gyrfalcons. We’ll then end your grand expedition where it all started, in Reykjavik.
The adventure begins
Day 2Stykkishólmur - Full Day
Welcome to Sagaland
Day 3Patreksfjörður - Full Day
The fjord of St. Patrick
Day 4Northwest Iceland - Full Day
Day 5Akureyri - Full Day
Capital of the north
Day 6Grimsey - Full Day
Step across the Arctic Circle
Day 7Bakkagerði - Full Day
The land of the elves
Day 8Heimaey - Full Day
The Icelandic Pompeii
The start of a new adventure
Day 10At Sea
Crossing the Denmark Strait
Day 11-19Scoresbysund fjord system
Largest fjord system on Earth
Day 20Denmark Strait
Heading back to Iceland
End of the adventure
Available Promotions on This Itinerary:
Save up to 15% + $1,000 Air CreditBook an expedition cruise aboard the world’s first hybrid electric-powered expedition ship or any of our other ships to destinations, and you’ll save up to 20% as well as receive up to a $1,000 air credit per person!See Special Offer
Kids Save up to 50%Young Explorers Save up to 50% offSee Special Offer
New SeasonLife changing experiences start here. Discover our new itineraries for 2023 and 2024.See Special Offer
Included in Your Expedition
- Expedition cruise in the cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurant Aune
- Fine-dining À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm is included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to fill at onboard water refill stations
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organize and guide activities, both on board and ashore
- Range of included excursions
- Experts from the Expedition Team present detailed lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center, which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- The Citizen Science program allows guests to contribute to current scientific research
- The onboard professional photographer will give tips and tricks for taking the best landscape and wildlife photos
- The ship has hot tubs, a sauna, an outdoor and indoor gym, and an outdoor running track
- Participate in informal gatherings with the crew, such as daily recaps and the next day’s preparations
- Escorted landings with small boats (RIBs)
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and all equipment needed for the activities
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition photographers help you configure your camera settings
Not Included In Your Expedition
- International flights
- Travel protection
- Baggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Read all the entry requirements for your trip.
- No gratuities are expected
|Year of refurbishment||2022|
|Passenger capacity||250 (200 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||11,647 T|
The original Fram was the most famous explorer ship of its time and the achievements of her expeditions are unparalleled. The advanced technology on the MS Fram, in the spirit of the famous original, makes her exceptionally well suited for expedition cruises in polar regions.